'Canes set to open camp after substandard '04 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Canes set to open camp after substandard '04

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Even on the eve of a new season, the sting of a disappointing 2004 still lingers among the Miami Hurricanes.

Very few schools would find disappointment in a 9-3 season that ended with a win over Florida in the Peach Bowl and a No. 11 national ranking. At Miami, though, a year without a national championship or a Bowl Championship Series appearance is practically considered sub-par.

So, when the Hurricanes report to camp on Friday, the focus will be on 2005 -- but the motivation will likely come from 2004.

"It's great to end the season with a win. But again, we've got new resolve," Miami coach Larry Coker said. "We hate to end the season with three losses, that taste in our mouth. It's an opportunity to come back and really get back on track and again be one of the elite football teams in the country. That's what we expect."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/08/04/bc.fbc.miami.campopens.ap/index.html

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
Even on the eve of a new season, the sting of a disappointing 2004 still lingers among the Miami Hurricanes.

Very few schools would find disappointment in a 9-3 season that ended with a win over Florida in the Peach Bowl and a No. 11 national ranking. At Miami, though, a year without a national championship or a Bowl Championship Series appearance is practically considered sub-par.

So, when the Hurricanes report to camp on Friday, the focus will be on 2005 -- but the motivation will likely come from 2004.

"It's great to end the season with a win. But again, we've got new resolve," Miami coach Larry Coker said. "We hate to end the season with three losses, that taste in our mouth. It's an opportunity to come back and really get back on track and again be one of the elite football teams in the country. That's what we expect."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/08/04/bc.fbc.miami.campopens.ap/index.html
Yeah, hopefully this year will be different. :cool:

After the Canes initiation into the ACC last year when everyone wanted a piece of them, i think they'll be looking for some payback this time around! Get im' Canes..

Looking forward to seeing our highly touted starting receivers in action; Ryan Moore & Lance Leggett.

espn is reporting larry coker signs a 5-year contract extension :shakeno::shakeno::shakeno::shakeno:

kastofsna120 said:
espn is reporting larry coker signs a 5-year contract extension :shakeno::shakeno::shakeno::shakeno:

Whats up I thought u guys liked him I mean I think he is a great coach.

FinFan90 said:
Whats up I thought u guys liked him I mean I think he is a great coach.
He's a great coach, that's one opinion. He has the faith of the players, that's why he was hired. Good things will happen this year, wait and see. :cool:

U know where he started his coaching? a highschool in Oklahoma :D

Oklahoma, where champions are born and made! :D

ill put that up for teh new state logo.

Lol, good stuff, and experience learned, but he won a championship in Miami. Actually he was there for a couple, just wasn't the head coach. :cool: But yeah, everybody's gotta start somewhere, why not Oklahoma? A bible of high school football? :peace:

Switzer started in Arkansas. Stoops started in Iowa. Why can't OU find themselves one of those champions from the home state? ;)

Just yanking your chain. Interesting to note, however, is that Jimmy Johnson started coaching in Arkansas as well. Lou Holtz had a stint as the Arkansas head coach. Some pretty good coaches have passed through that Razorback program.

papafin said:
Switzer started in Arkansas. Stoops started in Iowa. Why can't OU find themselves one of those champions from the home state? ;)

Just yanking your chain. Interesting to note, however, is that Jimmy Johnson started coaching in Arkansas as well. Lou Holtz had a stint as the Arkansas head coach. Some pretty good coaches have passed through that Razorback program.

Houston Nutt got his team to 7 consecutive bowl berths before last year.

papafin said:

Jimmy Johnsin also coached at Oklahoma State :)

Back
Top Bottom