Can't Dish This Approach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can't Dish This Approach

dnr3131

Active Roster
Reaction score
Nothing else has worked in the past 15 years,,,, NOTHING!!!

So why are we (fans/critics, etc) bashing Miami's moves, or lack there of???

Again, we have had ZERO success since 2008, so for me whatever move they make or don't make is the right move(s).

I see a reference to no "D-Line". (Right or Wrong) What the hell did our D-Line do last year, or the year before that, or the year before that??? ANSWER = NOTHING!!!

See everyone talking about no QB in place. Again, what the hell has our QB's done since 2008 (Pennington), ANSWER = NOTHING!!!

Free agency hasn't officially begun, the draft is a month + away.

Who's to say we don't come away with Rosen, who's to say we don't come away with one of the top edge rushers with our #1 pick????

Who's to say we don't sign a couple no-name free agents who play beyond their cheap contracts (ala; the Patriot way)?

One thing is for sure, we will have plenty of cap space this season and a boat load next season and beyond.

**** I am so HAPPY for Wake and his new team and contract, if we don't win it (Ha Ha Ha) lets go Titans (Wake deserves every bit of success he and his team has).

One of these days we are going to get it right (hell, looks like Cleveland may have finally got it right), lets hope these days are upon us.

i agree with every single word of this except for Go Titans.

Im so happy with the future of this organization.

God Bless the Dolphins, and No Team Else

So why are we (fans/critics, etc) bashing Miami's moves, or lack there of???

Again, we have had ZERO success since 2008, so for me whatever move they make or don't make is the right move(s).

See: "DEVANTE PARKER RE-SIGNED"....lol

Last edited:
I've long been an admirer of what Cleveland began to do over the last several years. They finally began selected the right players in the draft and gained enormous cap space by using financial restraint. They built their team through numerous draft day trades involving draft picks, allowing them to stock pile picks for several years in a row. This strategy gave them more chances at selecting players, who would or could help build a team core. With all the additional cap space, Cleveland was able to trade for both Vernon and Beckam Jr. In what is generally perceived as Could Be final pieces, to sustain a playoff run or more. But make no mistake, getting the QB position right with Mayfield gets them to where they want to go more quickly with the added pieces. Draft Capital and Cap Space have changed the Landscape of doing business in the NFL. It also gives teams huge amounts of flexibility to do the types if things Cleveland has done to improve. This strategy has been what I've hoped for in Miami. I know the Patriots way is here, which is excellent in it's own way, but peeking into Miami's future and seeing the huge amounts of financial flexibility, gives me hope the Franchise is finally on the right course.

Last edited:
Honestly only people who cover/follow the team that arent happy with the approach are the message board fans and twitter fans. The beat writers seem cool with what Miami is doing and have consistently said if Miami wants to win the offseason win in April (draft) not March (Free agency)

Unless something changes the game plan has always been to get a shot at one of the 2020 QBs. Now if Haskins or Murray fall to us that may change things (maybe Lock too but that's unknown) but everybody has preached we are going with cheap vets in free agency and building through draft

I've long been an admirer of what Cleveland began to do over the last several years. They finally began selected the right players in the draft and gained enormous cap space by using financial restraint. They built their team through numerous draft day trades involving draft picks, allowing them to stock pile picks for several years in a row. This strategy gave them more chances at selecting players, who would or could help build a team core. With all the additional cap space, Cleveland was able to trade for both Vernon and Beckam Jr. In what is generally perceived as Could Be final pieces, to sustain a playoff run or more. But make no mistake, getting the QB position right with Mayfield gets them to where they want to go more quickly with the added pieces. Draft Capital and Cap Space have changed the Landscape of doing business in the NFL. It also gives teams huge amounts of flexibility to do the types if things Cleveland has done to improve. This strategy has been what I've hoped for in Miami. I know the Patriots way is here, which is excellent in it's own way, but peeking into Miami's future and seeing the huge amounts of financial flexibility, gives me hope the Franchise is finally on the right course.
Very good....Well said.

I hope we can draft 4 olineman and 3 linebackers and 2 cornerbacks that all start or we are ****ed.

Back
Top Bottom