Can't miss prospect? OT edition | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can't miss prospect? OT edition

Right. I get it. Poor l'il Tua doesn't have anyone to play with! And once he's surrounded by "superior talent" at ALL positions
and can dump off for 50 YAC a shot and hit li'l cheesy slants for 80 yard TDs while getting 200 on the ground every game
he'll personally be "competitive" with Allen!

I have honestly never known such a NEEDY QB in like 50 years of football! Folks have had it WRONG all these years!
QBs don't lift up players around them! It's the other way around! Like how silly is that!
So Allen was great before Diggs got there?

And did you see the amount of time he has to throw?

Stick Allen in our offense and you'll get a completely different Josh Allen. (Or Herbert, or whoever you want to compare him to)

Stick Allen in our offense and you'll get a completely different Josh Allen. (Or Herbert, or whoever you want to compare him to)
That's your take.

Outside in the real world ain't NO GM anywhere gonna pass on Allen for Tua.

That's rather laughable actually.

Folks around here are betting Tua gets competitive with Allen in a year or 2.

Seems pretty remote to me considering the rather huge athletic advantage Allen has.

But time will tell...

Last edited:
That's your take.

Outside in the real world ain't NO GM everywhere gonna pass on Allen for Tua.

That's rather laughable actually.

Folks around here are betting Tua gets competitive with Allen in a year or 2.

Seems pretty remote to me considering the rather huge athletic advantage Allen has.

But time will tell...
Your talking nonsense bro. Who said anything about passing on Allen for tua?

You said tua sucks because he needs help, I said all of these other Qbs sucked without help.

Why do you keep altering your argument?

Your talking nonsense bro. Who said anything about passing on Allen for tua?

You said tua sucks because he needs help, I said all of these other Qbs sucked without help.

Why do you keep altering your argument?
Dude. Work on your reading skills. NO WHERE have I said Tua sucks.

My point, in this instance, is straight up competition against Allen.

Very simple. No change.

As the debate moves on it only seems more and more clear Tua is rather "limited" by compassion.

And that limitation is embedded in our O with him at QB. Hence everyone wants big time players

all around him to offset the limitations so he can be "efficient." Seems like a lotta need to support a QB.

Good point, that’s why instead of Earl Thomas you get a Koa Misi and Jared Odrick. Having said that with 2 - 1st and IF we could do a slight trade down and still get an elite talent but easier said than done.
And when the person who is director of college scouting gets you those players, you fire him, not promote him.

Very simple. No change.

As the debate moves on it only seems more and more clear Tua is rather "limited" by compassion.

And that limitation is embedded in our O with him at QB. Hence everyone wants big time players

all around him to offset the limitations so he can be "efficient." Seems like a lotta need to support a QB.
I’m not necessarily against having a Tua challenger but if you wanna use Allen as the example, then why not compare the challengers brought in to compete with Josh Allen before this season? Didn’t he only have a 50% completion percentage his rookie year?

I’m not necessarily against having a Tua challenger but if you wanna use Allen as the example, then why not compare the challengers brought in to compete with Josh Allen before this season? Didn’t he only have a 50% completion percentage his rookie year?
I'm using Allen for 2 reasons.

First is primacy. We just saw what he's about and what he brings to the competitive table.

and 2 -------- the Bills are obviously the team to beat in our division and we need to be able to compete

in terms of match ups. Of course I know Tua doesn't play directly against Allen -- but you better

have a QB who can match his abilities sufficiently to be competitive... I know folks around here

are advocating loading up on O talent and effectively supporting Tua with premium picks

all around. But at the end of the day his limitations will still be there. So it wouldn't be a bad idea

to have a kid in the mix who can develop and potentially down the line open things up more...

We'll see how things go.

First is primacy. We just saw what he's about and what he brings to the competitive table.

and 2 -------- the Bills are obviously the team to beat in our division and we need to be able to compete

in terms of match ups. Of course I know Tua doesn't play directly against Allen -- but you better

have a QB who can match his abilities sufficiently to be competitive... I know folks around here

are advocating loading up on O talent and effectively supporting Tua with premium picks

all around. But at the end of the day his limitations will still be there. So it wouldn't be a bad idea

to have a kid in the mix who can develop and potentially down the line open things up more...

We'll see how things go.

I agree but we need to see what the kid can do with talent and time to throw before we give him the old heave ho.

I say we focus on weapons and oline this draft and sign a vet to compete with Tua in the meantime. If he cant do it with the new weapons we invest in a new QB out of college the following year.

Mostly because I dont think Zach Wilson will be great either. I would rather have Sewell or Smith at 3 instead.

We'll see how things go.

The Bills seem to have done well building round their QB. How many people would have done that after Allen´s rookie year? They spent big money on Diggs. We've seen what happened to Tannehill. Why repeat that cycle?

We need OL regardless. This thread is supposed to be about whether we do that best with the #3 pick or later in the draft. We don't need another thread about Tua.

Allen is the gold standard in tbe division now and it’s not close. By any means.

maybe tua will get up there in time I sure hope so.

I've been very impressed with their OL for awhile now. I don't know most of the names. Any idea when and where they were drafted? How many 1st/2nd rounders?

Very simple. No change.

"I have honestly never known such a NEEDY QB in like 50 years of football! Folks have had it WRONG all these years!"

Whatever, stop backpedaling.

Your simply looking to start trouble, not have an objective conversation.

I've been very impressed with their OL for awhile now. I don't know most of the names. Any idea when and where they were drafted? How many 1st/2nd rounders?
I agree, they were stellar against us.

Like you said, no stars but they all work together. Excellent coaching imo.

"I have honestly never known such a NEEDY QB in like 50 years of football! Folks have had it WRONG all these years!"

Whatever, stop backpedaling.

Your simply looking to start trouble, not have an objective conversation.
Needy = absolutely correct -- based on what some FOLKS HERE dictate!

And just so you understand -- that does NOT translate into me stating the kid sucks.

I would NEVER say that. And I do not appreciate you basically "falsifying" what I said

and didn't say. Like I said -- work on your reading and comprehension skills.

What YOU THINK about what I write is NOT THE SAME as what I write.

Now go away.

Back
Top Bottom