Cap Article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cap Article

satz

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16181357.htm

Sorry if this is a repost. But as you can see their is not a lot of room to sign anyone.

the Dolphins at 17.4 million will be in a market in which 16 teams will be more than $20 million under the cap, with at least seven of those -- Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee, Minnesota, Buffalo, St. Louis and Green Bay -- $30 million or more under the $109 million cap

It is a sad thing. This was suposed to be a Miami power season full of 1-2 year contracts of good players. But as all could see that did not happen and all the time and money spent to make this a awsome terrifying team was destroyed. Hopefully we can keep most of the players who have made a difference this season.

We'll have more once the off-season gets here. There will be some re-structuring of certain contracts, along with some outright releases, which will open up some more room......

PHINZ RULE!!!!

satz said:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16181357.htm

Sorry if this is a repost. But as you can see their is not a lot of room to sign anyone.

the Dolphins at 17.4 million will be in a market in which 16 teams will be more than $20 million under the cap, with at least seven of those -- Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee, Minnesota, Buffalo, St. Louis and Green Bay -- $30 million or more under the $109 million cap

Yeah, I read a similar article like that one yesterday...
First you think that your team has a ton of $$$ to spend on free agents.
Then you find out that 16 other teams will have more cap room
than you...

Here is another imformative article: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16181357.htm

this means the Pats won't resign Asante Samuel, some team would gladly give him more money

16 other teams have more cap space than we do? Great, let the likes of Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee, Minnesota, Buffalo, St. Louis and Green Bay overpay for free agents while we make one or two quality signings and get our draft class in order. We'll be better for it in the long run.

the worst part of this is look how time it took last year and this year for the unit's to play together effectively. they mostly blamed the new personnel and coaches and hopefully the coaches remain the same but i see a high turnover of players in our future which won't be good. especially on the DL.

InMyChambers said:
the worst part of this is look how time it took last year and this year for the unit's to play together effectively. they mostly blamed the new personnel and coaches and hopefully the coaches remain the same but i see a high turnover of players in our future which won't be good. especially on the DL.
When Holiday and Carter came in they contributed immediately and it seemed thay knew exactly what they were doing right off the bat and didnt lose a step in this defense. Hopefully we can get some impact players like that that can contribute at a high level immediately...After repeated talk from the people on this board, I am hoping we do sign Hamlin this offseason...He would be a great addition

Just remember this salary cap monkey that is on our back is the real problem with the team. So no one blame Saban because the other exDolphin yahoos screwed everything up. Saban has to clean up the mess before he can mold the Dolphins into the team he wants.

That's my opinion on the whole matter.

M14M1F4N said:
Just remember this salary cap monkey that is on our back is the real problem with the team. So no one blame Saban because the other exDolphin yahoos screwed everything up. Saban has to clean up the mess before he can mold the Dolphins into the team he wants.

That's my opinion on the whole matter.

and your 'opinion' my brutha...is ROCKK SOLID!

Back
Top Bottom