Cap Break down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cap Break down

srdnaty

Practice Squad Punter
Reaction score
I hate starting threads just on the off chance that it’s already been covered, so if it has I apologize. I just stumbled upon this cap breakdown and thought it was interesting. I’ve used spottrac before but never noticed the positional breakdown and how it compares to NFL ranking. We have the highest cap % for WR’s which isn’t surprising, but it’s certainly unfortunate given the production (cough… Fuller… cough).

We are 31st in OL cap allotment which doesn’t surprise anyone. So this begs the question. Did they expect guys to blossom or did they take a horrible OL into the year because they didn’t think they are a contender this year?

4BADE261-C7CB-4CA7-BCA3-07FDB687FA3C.jpeg

QB - money will be a big question mark. If Tua is the guy than it probably stays about the same. They’ll look for a vet due to Tua’s injury history. There‘s still a high chance IMO of a trade which could drastically change that QB number.

RB - I’d love to draft a guy. Cheaper and you can get good enough guys every year to be competent.

WR - big opportunity to drop payroll (Fuller, Parker, Wilson), but how do we fill in the gaps left behind?

TE - Gesicki?

OL - please for the sake of everyone at least get to average.

DL - Ogbah is probably going to get paid pretty well. I suspect we let him walk and use the cash elsewhere.

LB - Draft upgrade would be great

DB - this will be unchanged imo

Considering where we rank, DL seems to be our bright spot here. It looks like they are building from the outside in. While they are drafting interior the money being spent is outside in.

I think they took the OL into the season because they were hoping the young offensive linemen would develop and play better than last year. I guess they were also hoping the new OL coach would be better than the previous three OL coaches at developing cohesion on the offensive line.

So far the OL coach hasn’t been an upgrade and the young offensive linemen are still struggling to develop their skills enough to even be an average OL.

I don’t know if they expected to make the SB with this roster but after winning 10 games in 2020, I certainly believe they thought they had the roster, including the OL to at least make the playoffs this season.

They dug themselves a huge hole by going on a 7 game losing streak but they still have a chance at making the playoffs if they can win their 5 remaining games.

I'd rather move on from Gesicki. Not cause I don't think he isn't a good dude. But, because he isn't a good TE.
Smythe, is really coming along nicely and he is a complete TE.
We need to trade DVP or keep him. His 5.5 million in dead money isn't an option.
I'd like to draft a QB late in 5-6 round.

We are 31st in cap allotment on OL because one starter is a backup caliber player and the other 4 starters are all on their rookie contracts.

I’d like to move Eich to RT and use our money to sign LT and C.

Draft picks for skill positions

I'd rather move on from Gesicki. Not cause I don't think he isn't a good dude. But, because he isn't a good TE.
We need to trade DVP or keep him. His 5.5 million in dead money isn't an option.
Nope I find a way to keep him and create plays for him. His hands are just too great to let go

So what’s starts happening when team don’t have to focus on Gesicki with their best defender and Smthye is the best TE on the roster? You think that makes it easier or harder for them to defend us?

1. Sign 1 top tier experienced T and G/C —$$$$$
2. Draft top C in 2-3 round and a T in mid to late rounds.
3. Re-sign Gesiki, Obah—$$$$
4. Sign a solid WR without injury history -$$
5. Draft MLB,WR, RB in first 3-4 rounds
6. Sign Minshew or Locke as backup QB-$$

DVP dead money after June 1 is 2.7M. See ya later bruh.

Spotrac also has a nice tool to trade or sign free agents and see the cap ramifications. Assuming no restructures, if they trade for Watson they couldn’t do much in free agency if they try to keep Ogbah and Gesicki.

Spotrac also has a nice tool to trade or sign free agents and see the cap ramifications. Assuming no restructures, if they trade for Watson they couldn’t do much in free agency if they try to keep Ogbah and Gesicki.
Stop it!

1. Sign 1 top tier experienced T and G/C —$$$$$
2. Draft top C in 2-3 round and a T in mid to late rounds.
3. Re-sign Gesiki, Obah—$$$$
4. Sign a solid WR without injury history -$$
5. Draft MLB,WR, RB in first 3-4 rounds
6. Sign Minshew or Locke as backup QB-$$
I think we need to grab a RB in rounds 2-3. It is a glaring weakness in addition to the OL. We need to walk away from Parker/Fuller/Williams (the sideline club) and fill their void through draft/FA.

I hate starting threads just on the off chance that it’s already been covered, so if it has I apologize. I just stumbled upon this cap breakdown and thought it was interesting. I’ve used spottrac before but never noticed the positional breakdown and how it compares to NFL ranking. We have the highest cap % for WR’s which isn’t surprising, but it’s certainly unfortunate given the production (cough… Fuller… cough).

We are 31st in OL cap allotment which doesn’t surprise anyone. So this begs the question. Did they expect guys to blossom or did they take a horrible OL into the year because they didn’t think they are a contender this year?

View attachment 89284

QB - money will be a big question mark. If Tua is the guy than it probably stays about the same. They’ll look for a vet due to Tua’s injury history. There‘s still a high chance IMO of a trade which could drastically change that QB number.

RB - I’d love to draft a guy. Cheaper and you can get good enough guys every year to be competent.

WR - big opportunity to drop payroll (Fuller, Parker, Wilson), but how do we fill in the gaps left behind?

TE - Gesicki?

OL - please for the sake of everyone at least get to average.

DL - Ogbah is probably going to get paid pretty well. I suspect we let him walk and use the cash elsewhere.

LB - Draft upgrade would be great

DB - this will be unchanged imo

Considering where we rank, DL seems to be our bright spot here. It looks like they are building from the outside in. While they are drafting interior the money being spent is outside in.

Brisket is $5million cap hit. Garbage.

Back
Top Bottom