Cap, Cuts and Roster Movement | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cap, Cuts and Roster Movement

Here's my too early 53 I posted last night.
Here's my post draft way too soon final 53 for 2021(in order):

QB-Tua, Brissett
RB-Doaks, Gaskin, Brown, Scarlett
WE-Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Williams, Wilson, Bowden, Hollins
TE-Gesicki, Long, Shaheen, Carter
LT-Jackson, Fluker
LG-Kindley
C-Skura, Deiter
RG-Hunt
RT-Eichenberg, Davis

DE-Ogbah, Wilkins, Phillips, Sieler, Strowbridge
NT-Davis, Butler, Jenkins
LB-AVP, Baker, Mckinney, Biegel, Riley, Scarlett, Roberts, Eguavoen
CB-Howard, Jones, Iggy, Coleman, Needham
FS-McCain, Jones
SS-Rowe, Holland

ST-Sanders, Palardy, Ferguson

WE have a very bloated roster atm, not a bad thing, the general level is higher than it's been for many years. We are going to have to make some tough calls and good players are going to get cut, other teams will be looking at our cast offs and snapping them up quick. That's not something we've often said about our roster in recent memory.

Agreed! It's just a far harder sell when teams know you are carrying too many of them.

In the end it comes down to how bad they want the player i think.

If you feel you can risk another team signing him you let the cut happen.

If you really think that player can add something you come waiving a 7th rounder.

In the end it comes down to how bad they want the player i think.

If you feel you can risk another team signing him you let the cut happen.

If you really think that player can add something you come waiving a 7th rounder.
Absolutely correct, just our current TE rooms means we are likely to get only a 7th instead of scaring somebody into giving us a 5th or 6th imo.

I think trading player for player may be an option. We have too many receivers and TE's another team has too many RB's, OT's, whatever. Maybe trade for a player that we think might be an upgrade from what we have. That might even be preferable than a sixth or seventh round pick.

WE have a very bloated roster atm, not a bad thing, the general level is higher than it's been for many years. We are going to have to make some tough calls and good players are going to get cut, other teams will be looking at our cast offs and snapping them up quick. That's not something we've often said about our roster in recent memory.
Miami going to have a Training Camp where they’ll actually have to make though cuts. Dolphins moving up in depth quality

I read that presently they don’t have the cap space to sign all their draft picks and a full UDFA class to fill out the roster. So I would expect some cuts over the coming weeks to make room to sign the draft class,

They will likely wait until after June 1st to release Grant, Hurns, and possibly Wilson if they are planning to release them before training camp. By waiting until June 1st to release any or all of these WR’s they will save money against the cap.

I read that presently they don’t have the cap space to sign all their draft picks and a full UDFA class to fill out the roster. So I would expect some cuts over the coming weeks to make room to sign the draft class,

They will likely wait until after June 1st to release Grant, Hurns, and possibly Wilson if they are planning to release them before training camp. By waiting until June 1st to release any or all of these WR’s they will save money against the cap.
We've got, at least, 10 guys on the roster who have virtually zero chance to ever make our roster... even after another year on the practice squad. When we cut these guys in a week or two, most of the posters here were go... "who?"

I pulled up a current roster...

Tino Ellis, Tyrrell Bonds, Jordan Scarlett, Chris Myarick, Nate Holley, Jonathan Ledbetter, Brian Cole, Javaris Davis, Kirk Merritt, Nick Coe...

Out of this entire list... if even ONE of them had any real promise, we'd be blessed.

Back
Top Bottom