Cap, Cuts and Roster Movement | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cap, Cuts and Roster Movement

They will try to trade some people the plan on cutting to see if they can get anything first which I doubt

WE have a very bloated roster atm, not a bad thing, the general level is higher than it's been for many years. We are going to have to make some tough calls and good players are going to get cut, other teams will be looking at our cast offs and snapping them up quick. That's not something we've often said about our roster in recent memory.

I like "tough calls." Better than easy calls

Need a linebacker/ s possibly center trade out our WR group and a TE is a option we could see. Add running back in there.

Based strictly on WR talent, it probably should be

Parker
Waddle
Fuller
Williams
Wilson
Bowden

However I think there's a very very good chance Wilson's spot goes to Foster/Hollins because of ST abilities

Didn't we just draft a running back?
IMO we just have 2 type NFL backs on the roster. The kid from Cinci was not that productive in college, Ahmed had one real productive game last year got hurt and not much from point. We are pretty then at rb.

I hope we donā€™t cut McCain Rowe or Wilson. If we need space just adjust Jones contract. That really wonā€™t hurt us.

I want to keep Wilson . I think he is perfect with tua and now waddle. Mcain gets everybody on the same page and is a captain. He needs to stay another year. Rowe is very good against most tight ends.

if they want to release hurns that is okay I guess but I would bring them all to camp.
Injuries happen.

IMO we just have 2 type NFL backs on the roster. The kid from Cinci was not that productive in college, Ahmed had one real productive game last year got hurt and not much from point. We are pretty then at rb.

Infinitely better then we were, if all those complaints were valid!

Infinitely better then we were, if all those complaints were valid!
I not so sure. Remember at this time last year we had Howard, Brieda, Gaskin and Ahead. We also blew a pick on a Williams I believe who only played one game.
Gaskin is good enough when healthy but he has had to miss games the past 2 years with injuries. I thought Bried played well enough to stick plus we had a 5th rounder in him. He should have been here 2 years. IMO

I don't think we need to create much cap space.

This is definitely a year to refrain from worrying about having any money left for mid-season moves. (If players need to be picked up during the year, just sign cheap guys under the top 51.) Instead, spend every dime we have. Don't restructure anyone. Don't push any of this year's costs into future years. Keep a clean cap.

If we need a little space. Grant and Fejedelem should suffice.

I not so sure. Remember at this time last year we had Howard, Brieda, Gaskin and Ahead. We also blew a pick on a Williams I believe who only played one game.
Gaskin is good enough when healthy but he has had to miss games the past 2 years with injuries. I thought Bried played well enough to stick plus we had a 5th rounder in him. He should have been here 2 years. IMO

I may have overstated my position, but if all the complaints I see on this board about our RB's have any truth to them, I may be on the right track here.

I hope our guys are better then they played last year.
I hope all our new draft picks turnout to be fine players.

I EXPECT our OL will play well due to:

1) good draftees and FA's from last year now having a preseason together along with last years playing experience.
2) Free agents that have just come in helping to optimize the OL performance
3) Draftees that will offer us some depth and some superior new OL players

When the line is playing well, we will be able to judge what our running backs can really do. It is important that we hedge our previous bets on running backs in this draft.

It would have been ludicrous, as are so many of the negative posts about our current running backs, if we took one in the early rounds. Based on how the rest of the NFL teams drafted, RB's were not a hot commodity in the first two rounds!

Oh, by the way, I may have been a tad sarcastic in my initial post on this subject - LOL

Back
Top Bottom