Cap Day | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cap Day

question for those that are familiar with how the cap works. I keep seeing comments about the fins having a round 2 of FA after Howard's contract comes off the books because they don't have access to that money yet.

My question is what's stopping them from agreeing to a contract with one of the FA's currently available but just waiting until June 1st to make the signing "official" for accounting purposes.
I think there’s nothing stopping that

But then also nothing stopping the team from reneging on that promise. It’s not legally binding

Not sure many players would want to take that risk

So...I guess we must be cap compliant? I assume these signings aren't official yet? Maybe when they are, we can see updates from spotrac and over the cap.

question for those that are familiar with how the cap works. I keep seeing comments about the fins having a round 2 of FA after Howard's contract comes off the books because they don't have access to that money yet.

My question is what's stopping them from agreeing to a contract with one of the FA's currently available but just waiting until June 1st to make the signing "official" for accounting purposes.
I don't think anything is actually stopping them from having an agreement with a player that they would like to sign them post June 1st.

Outside of any trust issues between the two parties, I think this actually happens regularly.

Not only do we have the Howard money out there, but also if they sign Tua to an extension, that can also increase the amount available. In my opinion, once the music stops and teams are out of money, those players that haven't been signed yet will be looking south towards Miami knowing they have the resources to pay them......

Yes, but that was without the new contracts
But it was also without a few re-works as well.

Just saw in the other thread, that we are now showing $5M over, but apparently not all the new restructures are in. Should clear itself up today. @Feverdream has a recap at the end of the FA thread.....

Back
Top Bottom