CAP HITS TO 4 players killing the PHINS | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CAP HITS TO 4 players killing the PHINS

zsonka

Practice Squad
Reaction score
brent smith and leon searcy and alonzo mayes and maybe weaver will absoloutely eat up the phins cap this year with little room left to sign free agents next week.

Add those 4 salaries up and it hurts more then you will like to admit. Sure we have alittle cap room left but don't you realize we need to sign Ricky long term. Someone is going to restructure or be let go on defense next year. We better hope the starting 5 offensive lineman gel and stay healthy this year, cause we are already getting the usual................

F$CKING INJURY BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man this team is jinxed......... Only a healthy team is going all the way........

If Smith and Mayes had been cut before they were put on IR they would not have counted against the cap... All 4 or these guys are paid well. no small rookie salaries here...... They will all go on IR and be paid their salaries ..Can they get an injury settlement..... I don't know exactly how it works so i will not comment........

Cap hell is coming but loyal fans don't want to talk about it. How about $6 million for Daryl gardner next year on top of this mess.

i am still excited about the season but not about the future and not about the offensive line..............and not about keeping Ricky long term either............

What are you talking about? Everyone one of those players contracts are up this year and won't count a thing toward next year.

And even with all of those players salaries counting toward cap we're still 3.5 mil under cap.

And for the thousands time, we are actually saving money by letting go of DG...add Chester and DG together and they are about the same amount...and we get a player who's younger, signed long term and not gonna retire in a year due to back injuries.

Damn I had to lay down after reading that post... :)

Originally posted by zsonka
brent smith and leon searcy and alonzo mayes and maybe weaver will absoloutely eat up the phins cap this year with little room left to sign free agents next week.

Add those 4 salaries up and it hurts more then you will like to admit. Sure we have alittle cap room left but don't you realize we need to sign Ricky long term. Someone is going to restructure or be let go on defense next year. We better hope the starting 5 offensive lineman gel and stay healthy this year, cause we are already getting the usual................

F$CKING INJURY BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man this team is jinxed......... Only a healthy team is going all the way........

If Smith and Mayes had been cut before they were put on IR they would not have counted against the cap... All 4 or these guys are paid well. no small rookie salaries here...... They will all go on IR and be paid their salaries ..Can they get an injury settlement..... I don't know exactly how it works so i will not comment........

Cap hell is coming but loyal fans don't want to talk about it. How about $6 million for Daryl gardner next year on top of this mess.

i am still excited about the season but not about the future and not about the offensive line..............and not about keeping Ricky long term either............

Re: After reading that

Add those 4 salaries up and it hurts more then you will like to admit. Sure we have alittle cap room left but don't you realize we need to sign Ricky long term. Someone is going to restructure or be let go on defense next year. We better hope the starting 5 offensive lineman gel and stay healthy this y

Dude, take a Prozak and lay down for a little while. You obviously aren't very well versed in the nuances of the salary cap so let it go. As stated earlier, not a single one of these guys will affect the 'Fins cap next year so chill out and start gearing up for a good football season.

Out,
Po

P.S. Cszonka is spelled with a "C" at the beginning not an "S" :shakeno:

lol...I'm not the only one who misspells that guys name at least.

folks i did that on purpose because i thought the name was taken. I know how to spell my favorite players name.

I do need prozac when it comes to the phins. i have been a fan for 35 years. sorry for the whining. i hope you guys are right. I am just so burned out on the injury bug.. sORRY

mu point is they are all salaried for the year and you pay up even if they are on IR..

that is all i am saying ...... so they are not signed next year but we are paying for them this year and they cannot play.

I am sad we keep losing guys to injury and paying them. especially ones we were about to cut and get rid of the salaries for like smith and mayes. mayes was an injury waiting to happen come on ...... and smith hasn't played in years and Searcy hasn't played in years.....

do you guys really miss my point ....... i can't believe that.......

Your point was cap hell is coming because of these 4 guys...well these 4 guys don't hurt us against the cap.

Just remember one thing...we are a winning team and even if we do go through salary cap hell I think we will somehow manage a .500 or better season......heck I thought we were in trouble when Fiedler took over....and Wham! surprise,surprise!

What injury bug? You guys are over-reacting. We have a few guys nicked up in Nails, Wade and Surtain, but other then that our starters are all in great shape. As a matter of fact, ALL of our starters will be ready for practice on Sunday, and playing against Detroit.

We could have lost R.W., Chambers, Madison, Zach, Jason...any of our big guys.

So we lose Brent Smith, and possibly Searcy for the year...yea it is depth, but if our starters hang in there and stay healthy...we would never have used them anyway.

Let's take a deep breath, sit tight and wait for Detroit...all is well....

I thought if a player was put on injuried IR only half his salary counts against us anyway...that would be brent and mayes..that shouldn't hurt us at all..Searcy will be back..so we should be in great shape..and as previously stated all our starters are expected to play next Sunday..so we should be alright..even Scott is being fitted with a soft cast and might be out there.

Back
Top Bottom