Cap situation??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cap situation???

I know this can't be right but, we were supposed to be $17 million over...but that was before we found out the cap is now $2 million higher than expected.

So we were $15 million over, we just saved $20 million in a very large series of restructures and cuts...

And we've still yet to restructure or give paycuts to Madison, Taylor, and Fiedler.

Taylor alone has the ability to save us another like $4 million, and the cut we're trying to give Fiedler brings his salary to $1 million...so its safe to assume we'd be saving like $2 million there. If Madison takes a $2 million paycut or incentive type thing like Ruddy did that one time...

We could be an astonishing $13 million below the salary cap.

I just KNOW that can't be right, but who knows.

I Miami got that far under the cap, they could get Darrell Jackson, Grant Wistrom (to replace O-Gun), Damien Woody and Villarrial..yeah that would be nice...too bad it's just a dream..oh well.

I've got a "cap Compliance" thread going in the cap forum. I'm keeping track as best I can. It will show how Miami became, not only cap compliant, but also where it generated cap space for FA

So Clump, where will we be if Jay's cut now?

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Everything is in flux. Miami is under the cap. I have them about $7.9 million under but tendering the RFAs will eat up $2.633 million and then you need to subtract the cap hits of Freeman and Feeley. I would estimate between $3-4 million.

cool. thanks clump. i was wondering that after yesterdays events. i wonder what will happen if jay resigns at lower cost as well. maybe they make it cap friendly this year.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I know this can't be right but, we were supposed to be $17 million over...but that was before we found out the cap is now $2 million higher than expected.

So we were $15 million over, we just saved $20 million in a very large series of restructures and cuts...

And we've still yet to restructure or give paycuts to Madison, Taylor, and Fiedler.

Taylor alone has the ability to save us another like $4 million, and the cut we're trying to give Fiedler brings his salary to $1 million...so its safe to assume we'd be saving like $2 million there. If Madison takes a $2 million paycut or incentive type thing like Ruddy did that one time...

We could be an astonishing $13 million below the salary cap.

I just KNOW that can't be right, but who knows.

even if its 10 mil under thats pretty remarkable. Is the Wade and greenwood tender also included? and remember Ogun, i dont beleive we have officially tendered him. i guess im off to the salary cap board.

Back
Top Bottom