Cap space and next years FA's? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cap space and next years FA's?

It will be closer to the ? proposed 131 mil. If Grier is still GM this is meaningless............if he is replaced with a better person?? a revolution of unprecedented enormity could happen.

Or, may I refer you to my previous post about the 2020 off-season?

The reality of it all.............though it is so dismal at this time, is that next year, under intelligent leadership, things could be splendid; yah, really, very impressive and enormously victorious!

I will soon be posting a future scenario that will portend nothing but victory, after victory, and all wins for 10 years and beyond!!

With the Zeke/AB primadonna NFL we have now, we'll probably have to resort to acquiring a few head-cases in pursuit of a better team. I know it is noble to create a "team culture" or whatever, but we've got holes in this roster at essentially every position. QB, RB, WR, OT, OG, C, DE, CB2, FS, LB.....but don't worry, we have an extra 1st rounder next year guys lol.

Don't get your hopes up that we will land top free agents. We are gonna have to severely over pay to get guys to come here and then they still may not want to come here. We tried to get Bridgwater here and offered him more money but he decided to stay with the saints. Clowney wanted no business with us even if we could offer him a long term contract.

Does anyone know the exact amount of cap space we will have next year?

Also what FA are are going to be available to sign or willing to come here?

I'm trying to find some optimism to go with Tua and our draft class.

go for TUA??? why? do you really think he is better than Rosen? I´d prefer a second or third round QB and use firsts on OLINE, CB.

Don't get your hopes up that we will land top free agents. We are gonna have to severely over pay to get guys to come here and then they still may not want to come here. We tried to get Bridgwater here and offered him more money but he decided to stay with the saints. Clowney wanted no business with us even if we could offer him a long term contract.
I think Miami should hold off another year on spending big on FAs. Don’t trade any of their draft picks. They need all the players they can get without overspending in FA.

Link

I've never seen that happen. But there's always a first time.

Huh? Cody Whitehair, La’el Collins, and Rodney Hudson have all signed extensions in the past three weeks. Those are the three I can remember off the top of my head. And they would have been three of the more attractive free agents after this season.

Huh? Cody Whitehair, La’el Collins, and Rodney Hudson have all signed extensions in the past three weeks. Those are the three I can remember off the top of my head. And they would have been three of the more attractive free agents after this season.
Collins wasn’t going to sign with Miami anyway. He already spurned Miami once.

Collins wasn’t going to sign with Miami anyway. He already spurned Miami once.

Not saying he would have signed with Miami. Just saying the free agent class that we will be able to target with our $131m in cap space is already thinning out.

Joe Thuney and Brandon Scherff are my top 2 Targets cause our Oline is cringe worthy. Thuney should be available cause pats don’t break the bank for guards.

Michael Pierce the Baltimore DT would be nice 26 years old and a brick on the DLine Him, Wilkins and Godchaux would be solid on the interior.

Dante Fowler Jr. another 26 year old could be a good edge rusher for us. May be willing to sign here for the big money after taking prove it deal for chance at SB with Rams.

Give me Thuney, Pierce, and Fowler. Draft Tua, Tristan Wirfs (Iowa RT to protect Tuas blindside), and C.J. Henderson (first round pick from possible Minkah trade or trade up).

Something like that would be my very early blueprint

Back
Top Bottom