cap space?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cap space??

jason_taylor

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
dose anyone know our cap space and detroits cap space :confused:

Last I heard we have more cap space than anyone looking at Law.

We have more cap but there are many other variables to take into account including - Law's preference; Money we're willing to pay vs money Matt Millen is willing to pay; Team need - thus factoring in to how much will be paid.

jason_taylor said:
dose anyone know our cap space and detroits cap space :confused:
The five teams looking at Law have this much cap room:

Dolphins- $6.6 million
Lions- $3.48 million
Steelers- $2.09 million
Jets- $1.1 million
Colts- $6.3 million

NOW, lets take a look at these team's Rookie Pools:

Dolphins- $4.6 million
Lions- $3.6 million
Steelers- $3.3 million
Jets- $2.9 million
Colts- $3.6 million

Now lets say each team uses ALL of their Rookie Pool(which they probably won't), this is how much each team would have left to sign FAs(Aka Law):

Dolphins- $2.0 million
Lions- -$0.12 million(they would need to cut someone just to sign Rookies)
Steelers- -$1.21 million(they would need to cut someone just to sign Rookies)
Jets- -$1.8 million(they would need to cut someone just to sign Rookies)
Colts- $2.7 million

So, the Colts would actually be in the best cap shape, however they don't seem to have an overwhelming interest in Law.

Nublar7 said:

Dolphins- $6.6 million
Lions- $3.48 million
Steelers- $2.09 million
Jets- $1.1 million
Colts- $6.3 million

Dolphins- $4.6 million
Lions- $3.6 million
Steelers- $3.3 million
Jets- $2.9 million
Colts- $3.6 million

Now lets say each team uses ALL of their Rookie Pool(which they probably won't), this is how much each team would have left to sign FAs(Aka Law):

Dolphins- $2.0 million
Colts- $2.7 million

So, the Colts would actually be in the best cap shape, however they don't seem to have an overwhelming interest in Law.
Thanks Nub. I didnt feel like going through all that myself
2 more things about the Law situation:
- house in miami already (like a 100 other players)
- the only team that could offer more $ then us, indy is a cover 2 defense and im not sure Law fits that style.

Nublar7 said:

Dolphins- $6.6 million
Lions- $3.48 million
Steelers- $2.09 million
Jets- $1.1 million
Colts- $6.3 million

Dolphins- $4.6 million
Lions- $3.6 million
Steelers- $3.3 million
Jets- $2.9 million
Colts- $3.6 million

Dolphins- $2.0 million
Colts- $2.7 million

thanks nub :wink:

I have no idea why the Colts aren't heavily into Law. Makes ZERO sense to me. Unless of course that cap number is BEFORE signing Edge James to the one-year franchise tender, in which case they're broke.

It's also worth noting that if we cut David Bowens, we'll save another $2.2 million. Given all the DLs we've brought in, and given that we're trying to ink Keith Traylor, I'd be surprised if we don't take the opportunity to cut D-Bo.

phunwin said:
I have no idea why the Colts aren't heavily into Law. Makes ZERO sense to me. Unless of course that cap number is BEFORE signing Edge James to the one-year franchise tender, in which case they're broke.

It's also worth noting that if we cut David Bowens, we'll save another $2.2 million. Given all the DLs we've brought in, and given that we're trying to ink Keith Traylor, I'd be surprised if we don't take the opportunity to cut D-Bo.

I don't think the Colts are too interested in spending big bucks on a corner anymore. They drafted....Fabian Washington??? and Nick Harper showed potential. They have a solid defensive back field in the making.

I really hope we get Law. I think all you guys who are against this forgets how much he could have helped in situations last season -- and now we don't have Surtain!

HysterikiLL said:
I don't think the Colts are too interested in spending big bucks on a corner anymore. They drafted....Fabian Washington??? and Nick Harper showed potential. They have a solid defensive back field in the making.

I really hope we get Law. I think all you guys who are against this forgets how much he could have helped in situations last season -- and now we don't have Surtain!

Nope, the Raiders drafted Washington. However, the Colts did draft Marlin Jackson, who I forgot about, so points to you for noting that they drafted a CB. I guess they don't have much use for Law after all.

I'd like to see Law here, as long as we're protected against another injury, i.e. minimal long-term money in any deal.

phunwin said:

It's included. Required tenders are included in Team Salary when tendered and the deadline to designate franchise and transition players was February 22.

Back
Top Bottom