captain jack is a spur again!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

captain jack is a spur again!!!

dreday

future of the funk
Reaction score
after acquiring guard stephen jackson two days ago, the golden state warriors agreed to a deal to send him to the san antonio spurs for richard jefferson, league sources told espn.com's brian windhorst.

The spurs also will send their first-round draft pick this year as part of the package. Sources say that pick is lottery protected.

The warriors sent monta ellis, ekpe udoh and kwame brown to the milwaukee bucks for andrew bogut and jackson.

Jackson hasn't played since feb. 19, recently sitting out with what the team has described as a hamstring injury. Bucks coach scott skiles benched him for a game in january after he missed a shootaround, and he was suspended one game by the nba for verbally abusing an official. His playing time has been limited ever since.

The deal brings the enigmatic "captain jack" back to the bay area. He helped lead the team's only playoff run since 1994, a surprising trip to the secon

go spurs go!!

Not exactly sure that's a good thing. He's been absolutely atrocious this year.

if jax doesn't pan out the spurs could always amnesty him in the summer, like they were planning on doing to RJ anyway. sjJax contract qualifies under the amnesty rules.

who knows, maybe with pop he regains his will. he can't be worse than dick jefferson thats for sure.

also SJax has an attitude that is built for winning. he will give the spurs an edge that RJ just never found. his aggressive play may also rub off on some of the loafers (Blair). to say he lost a step may be better phrased as he has little patience for losing.

lets replicate the 03 team LOL..GO SPURS GO!!

if jax doesn't pan out the spurs could always amnesty him in the summer, like they were planning on doing to RJ anyway. sjJax contract qualifies under the amnesty rules.

who knows, maybe with pop he regains his will. he can't be worse than dick jefferson thats for sure.

You can't amnesty players you trade for after the CBA.

... I'm a little surprised Pop wanted him back.....iirc didn't Jackson have some run ins with Pop the first go around with the Spurs...

... I'm a little surprised Pop wanted him back.....iirc didn't Jackson have some run ins with Pop the first go around with the Spurs...

not at all,the spurs never wanted him to leave.it was about money when he left.pop has always loved jackson.

i see you all got sessions.what do you think about that?

i say the spurs need to:start parker, jax, leonard, duncan, splitter

play Manu as the 6th man,neal in the kerr role

that's like the '03 championship team!!!:lol:

[video=youtube;5U6I5PxEOyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U6I5PxEOyw[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly sure that's a good thing. He's been absolutely atrocious this year.

He had success with them in the past and since Richard Jefferson is a timid ***** who didn't do anything for the team (even as they've continued to have the 2nd best record in the West and 4th in the NBA), it's a good move for the rest of the season.

Milwaukee is a black hole similar to the Browns in the NFL. Careers die in those places.

He had success with them in the past and since Richard Jefferson is a timid ***** who didn't do anything for the team (even as they've continued to have the 2nd best record in the West and 4th in the NBA), it's a good move for the rest of the season.

Milwaukee is a black hole similar to the Browns in the NFL. Careers die in those places.

dick was shipped to golden state,thats where jax was playing as of late.

jaxo-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom