“cardinals Suckered Themselves In How They Handled Process Of Trading Josh Rosen” | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“cardinals Suckered Themselves In How They Handled Process Of Trading Josh Rosen”

meatpardle

Active Roster
Reaction score
https://amp.si.com/nfl/2019/04/26/josh-rosen-trade-cardinals-dolphins-steve-keim-nfl-draft

The Arizona Cardinals’ disaster of the 2018 season is the Miami Dolphins’ gain for their 2020 season.

Friday night, Arizona agreed to trade terms with Miami for what had to be the best and only offer on the table. Quarterback Josh Rosen has finally won his freedom from the Cardinals, and he goes to Miami as the Week 1 favorite to start. He could still find himself in this same situation in 365 days.

More on that later. But first, it can’t be understated how poorly Arizona handled all this. General manager Steve Keim and first-year head coach Kliff Kingsbury went the cute route in how they handled talk of Kyler Murray as the top pick dating back to the combine. They protected the decision we all know they’d make like a state secret for reasons unknown, but it was also disadvantageous to the team’s winning efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
They handle it wrong but at the end of the day made out alright. At the end of the day it’s a good trade for Miami. Didn’t really lose much besides our 4th and 5th next year. I’m okay with the trade but what bothers me is we didn’t use the mishandling to our advantage. We should of picked at 62 then called the Cards and asked if they’d do it for our third. Cards had no leverage and no other teams interested with the Giants and the Broncos selecting qbs in the 1st and 2nd.

Think we still go qb next year unless he puts up something crazy like 4500 yards with 30-35 tds. Even then if we don’t go qb next year you trade back like a mad man to gain firepower for Lawerence if Rosen regresses.

Exactly! I would have picked McCoy at 62. I would have held like the soldiers in Braveheart.

McCoy went at 48.

The question is would you have taken him at 48 or trade down to 62, give up a 4th but get back a 2020 second and a 6th . . . Like we did.

I think we made out just fine. The Deiter pick was aces at 78.

I agree that it would have been nicer to grab McCoy and then get Rosen for a 3rd, but I am sure that was already offered up. It was clear Miami wasn't giving up a higher second. I am sure they tried all different packages, but in the end, it was a late 2nd. Not sure how big of a talent gap there is between a guy like McCoy and Dieter, but I think we did ok. Definitely picked up guys in areas we needed, and we MAY have found our QB of the future. If not, we have a boatload of picks to get him next year and a ton of money to fill the gaps we can't fill this year. I'm not normally a very optimistic person, but I am happy with the way this turned out. Yes, a 3rd would have been better, but maybe Rosen is a Patriot today and not a Dolphin if we don't make that move. Who knows? Excited to see it play out. Wish we still had our 4th today....

They handle it wrong but at the end of the day made out alright. At the end of the day it’s a good trade for Miami. Didn’t really lose much besides our 4th and 5th next year. I’m okay with the trade but what bothers me is we didn’t use the mishandling to our advantage. We should of picked at 62 then called the Cards and asked if they’d do it for our third. Cards had no leverage and no other teams interested with the Giants and the Broncos selecting qbs in the 1st and 2nd.

Think we still go qb next year unless he puts up something crazy like 4500 yards with 30-35 tds. Even then if we don’t go qb next year you trade back like a mad man to gain firepower for Lawerence if Rosen regresses.

How do know the Fins didn’t offer a third. Were you in the war room? I wasn’t

McCoy went at 48.

The question is would you have taken him at 48 or trade down to 62, give up a 4th but get back a 2020 second and a 6th . . . Like we did.

I think we made out just fine. The Deiter pick was aces at 78.
Sorry, yes, would have held at 48 and taken McCoy then.

Sorry, yes, would have held at 48 and taken McCoy then.

Me personally, I have been ok with Rosen at 48 since the day Murray declared. I thought it would take a late first but apparantely Arizona wanted a mid first and never wavered off that and probably missed out on a better package with their stubbornness.

The fact that we swapped our 4th for a 6th . . . .and picked up a 2020 2nd in the process . . . .makes the deal a no brainer.

Arizona needed a second tho . . . .just to save face. They can spin it as two draft picks and not look as bad. Plus they got Murray.

But Steal of the draft and it ain’t close. People need to realize that. This is very low risk for a legit chance at a franchise QB . . . .throw away all the talking head “3rd round” talk and the “Tank for Tua” talk for a second and realize this is by far the most talented QB we have acquired since Marino.

Whether his full potential comes to fruition is the question, but you have given yourself the clay to have a shot at a great QB.

This team needs that shot more often than we have been given it.

Me personally, I have been ok with Rosen at 48 since the day Murray declared. I thought it would take a late first but apparantely Arizona wanted a mid first and never wavered off that and probably missed out on a better package with their stubbornness.

The fact that we swapped our 4th for a 6th . . . .and picked up a 2020 2nd in the process . . . .makes the deal a no brainer.

Arizona needed a second tho . . . .just to save face. They can spin it as two draft picks and not look as bad. Plus they got Murray.

But Steal of the draft and it ain’t close. People need to realize that. This is very low risk for a legit chance at a franchise QB . . . .throw away all the talking head “3rd round” talk and the “Tank for Tua” talk for a second and realize this is by far the most talented QB we have acquired since Marino.

Whether his full potential comes to fruition is the question, but you have given yourself the clay to have a shot at a great QB.

This team needs that shot more often than we have been given it.
Completely agree with you, and I dont even like Rosen that much... If you were to only consider his age, his salary and the fact he was a top 10 overall pick just last year makes the way they handle themselves here just great. The Cards absolutely wanted a 2nd so Fins found a way to give them one without actually losing one. Im pleasently surprised here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom