carey at tackle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

carey at tackle

dnespins

Active Roster
Reaction score
seems like everyone, including dolphins coaches want to see carey at RT. he played very limited time at tackle with canes, mostly at guard. what makes everyone so sure he can make that transition so easily?

also, we gave big money and a long term deal to McIntosh to be a tackle. when he comes back carey would most likely move to guard and have to make an adjustment as a rookie/2nd year player....

if carey does play tackle, it will be the 2nd year in a row we start a rookie tackle. we saw what starting a rookie at tackle did last year.

dnespins said:
seems like everyone, including dolphins coaches want to see carey at RT. he played very limited time at tackle with canes, mostly at guard. what makes everyone so sure he can make that transition so easily?

also, we gave big money and a long term deal to McIntosh to be a tackle. when he comes back carey would most likely move to guard and have to make an adjustment as a rookie/2nd year player....

if carey does play tackle, it will be the 2nd year in a row we start a rookie tackle. we saw what starting a rookie at tackle did last year.

McIntosh is not getting big money unless he plays some games, secondly
Carey is not Wade Smith I feel Carey is better then Smith was last year and the RT position is a bit easier then the LT position because the other team wants to Blitz from the blind side of the QB which is the left side

I agree with dnespins. It seems like we have McIntosh, St Clair, and a few others, all of which have played RT and now we are trying to move Cary there?? We don't have starters at RT or RG, but we have a lot more players fighting for RT so why not just let Cary play his normal position. If we have Cary penciled in at RG then we only have to come up with one more starter to have a decent O-line. Just an opinion, but I see where dnespins is coming from. It would be different if we would have gotten Andrews, he IS a natural tackle, but Cary is a guard.

The articles in this mornings' papers say he is a tackle who was asked to play guard at UM because of team circumstances. Frankly since St. Clair started as a center I would be happier to see Carey win the tackle battle and watch St. Clair slide inside to guard for the season.

When McIntosh comes back, maybe by game six, we will have a swing tackle who has played both sides and depth will be solid.

dnes....Carey played only his senior year at guard, because of injuries....his natural position is tackle, according to Art Kehoe...(UM OL coach)....

St. Clair is more natural inside....He was an All-American center in college...He has been shuffled around his whole career because of his versatility. I'd like to see him get a shot at either RG or C and kept there to see how he does. With his experience in the league, it would seem he'd be an improvement over Jerman or Whitley ??

NCFINFAN38 said:
I agree with dnespins. It seems like we have McIntosh, St Clair, and a few others, all of which have played RT and now we are trying to move Cary there?? We don't have starters at RT or RG, but we have a lot more players fighting for RT so why not just let Cary play his normal position. If we have Cary penciled in at RG then we only have to come up with one more starter to have a decent O-line. Just an opinion, but I see where dnespins is coming from. It would be different if we would have gotten Andrews, he IS a natural tackle, but Cary is a guard.

Carey is a can play either position but is more comfortable at RT. St. Clair will fight for the RG postion and McIntosh can be moved to RG which he has played at one point in his career

Carey was the the best right tackle in the country and completely dominated the position. He was asked to move inside in his senior year due to injuries and other cuircumstances

When did McIntosh play at RG? I'm not challenging you, I just haven't heard that before.

Ohiophinphan said:
The articles in this mornings' papers say he is a tackle who was asked to play guard at UM because of team circumstances. Frankly since St. Clair started as a center I would be happier to see Carey win the tackle battle and watch St. Clair slide inside to guard for the season.

When McIntosh comes back, maybe by game six, we will have a swing tackle who has played both sides and depth will be solid.

Those circumstances were the emergence of Eric Winston at left tackle. This forced them to flip Carlos Joseph from left to right tackle, and they moved Vernon inside to guard. Vernon was a much better tackle than guard though, and a lot of that may have been because he played on two hurt ankles the entire year. Still, he was better in his junior year when at tackle than as a guard in his senior year.

Agua said:
When did McIntosh play at RG? I'm not challenging you, I just haven't heard that before.

I forgot when it happened but he did do it I think in 2002 Can somebody help me out? Didn't he play RG one year or was that someone else?

He could be moved inside easily if he hasn't. I'd rather see Carey moved inside because of McIntosh's experience at tackle (he was LT in SD) and Carey's experience at Guard, but having invested a 1st rounder in Carey, I kinda anticipate they'll want to develop him at the more difficult and valuable position.

Back
Top Bottom