Carey Must Play Now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carey Must Play Now

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The main difference in the NFL and college football is that the NFL is a business and players have jobs. Vernon Carey was obtained for a 1st and a 4th round pick; he is taking up an awful lot of cap space, and he is playing on a team with one of the worst O-lines in the league. He must start playing now.

I, for one, do not believe that Vernon has to play like a pro-bowler, just because he was a first-round pick. He has had ample time to learn his position and contribute to a line that desperately needs his help. The coddling and excuses should end tonight and Vernon Carey should show us why we picked him in the first round.

This is about effort and determination. It's a gut check for Carey to see what he's made of. Mistakes I expect from a young player, poor concentration, effort, and wimpy run blocking I do not. I think tonight's game will tell us a lot about his character and will help determine our plans for next year. Remember, Saban said he is looking for wolves, not sheeps. If Vernon doesn't show some razor sharp teeth real soon, it should be ba-ba bye for him.

Back
Top Bottom