Carey wanted more playing time.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carey wanted more playing time....

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Carey wanted more action: Vernon Carey, the Dolphins' first-round pick in 2004, feels he should have been on the field more as a rookie.

"I know why I didn't play and why I should have played. ... I think I should have played a little more," he said.

Under new offensive line coach Hudson Houck, Carey has been playing left tackle  a position he hasn't played since high school  but also learning all the positions. Carey feels the switch from line coach Tony Wise to Houck is beneficial.

"It's just totally different techniques," Carey said. "Every offensive line coach has different tech

This is from the Palm BEach POSt

For being our only 1st round pick the last 3 years (minus Ronnie), he needs to be on the field just to see what we have.. He looked pretty good in those last 2 games and I hope Houck will coach him up and get him on the field at RG or LT..

FinAtic8480 said:
Carey wanted more action: Vernon Carey, the Dolphins' first-round pick in 2004, feels he should have been on the field more as a rookie.

"I know why I didn't play and why I should have played. ... I think I should have played a little more," he said.

Under new offensive line coach Hudson Houck, Carey has been playing left tackle  a position he hasn't played since high school  but also learning all the positions. Carey feels the switch from line coach Tony Wise to Houck is beneficial.

"It's just totally different techniques," Carey said. "Every offensive line coach has different tech

This is from the Palm BEach POSt

I thought he did a decent job while filing in for St. Clair.

i thought he looked better than st. claire.

i read in the last minicamp that Carey played at several OL positions.
with Houck coaching, we will be fine

wow..we were 1-8 when Wanny left. All of a sudden changes are made in the lineup and strategies(slightly) and we win 3 times as much as before. I just hope that line plays as well as they played against New England and Baltimore.

IMO St Clair was the most consistent OL last year.

Even if Carey didnt show much at first he should have been given the reps.The season was dismal anyway.There is no excuse for it.

Well, is Carey pans out anywhere on the line, I will be happy. It would be one less position we would have to worry about going into NEXT offseason.

St. Clair was the best offensive linemen last year, I don't think Carey should have played unless he beat out St. Clair for the job.

Back
Top Bottom