Carl Peterson dialogue from Chiefs site.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carl Peterson dialogue from Chiefs site..

Um Carl, keep that 4 on the table, but you can add a two. We will personally fly Pat over to you guys, or if he decides he wants to take his plane, we will fill that up on our tab. Can we throw in Rick Speilman?

Well, they waited too long. And with the Buchanon deal, they can now give us a 2nd and a 3rd + potentially more- or they can walk and say hello to a terrible defense AGAIN.

Phinsdude said:
Um Carl, keep that 4 on the table, but you can add a two. We will personally fly Pat over to you guys, or if he decides he wants to take his plane, we will fill that up on our tab. Can we throw in Rick Speilman?

That is hysterical... We'd swap Spielman for Mr Irrelevant if we could!

Actually, with the Buchanon deal, I would be willing to bet the first phone call Peterson made was to Casserly inquiring about Aaron Glenn. Dunta Robinson was the best rookie cornerback last year, and Aaron Glenn is still pretty good on the other side, so the question is why Buchanon, unless you plan on putting one of them at nickel.

ckparrothead said:
Actually, with the Buchanon deal, I would be willing to bet the first phone call Peterson made was to Casserly inquiring about Aaron Glenn. Dunta Robinson was the best rookie cornerback last year, and Aaron Glenn is still pretty good on the other side, so the question is why Buchanon, unless you plan on putting one of them at nickel.

As a fan of the Chiefs I think I might freak out if we passed up on Surtain for Aaron Glenn.

If they go for Aaron Glenn, then Peterson really is a moron.

I hope he doesnt think Sammy Knight and Aaron Glenn will make that defense much of a threat!?

Nahh, not swapping, just throw him in. He can be their little b!tch, like he is here. You know, put him in charge of ball boy for training camp. He'll probably find a way to get to a reporter and explain how important he is as the Chiefs ball boy.

Reporter- Rick, how are you taking to your new job with the Cheifs.
Rick S- Well, I am doing my best for this organization, and I feel I am doing a damn good job.

Anyway, to have the #2 overall pick in the draft, and having 5 Picks, and having holes are RB, QB, and WR, 3 of the picks we gave up from last year, it is so painful. The Gordon trade is so painful, almost as bad as the Feeley.

The Texans are hot and heavy for 3 solid CB's because they have to play the Colts twice a year (many mult WR sets), and the Titans twice a year (can you say Norm Chow?)...

Makes sense to me, we did it when the Pats shredded us with their 3 and 4 wide sets in 2002...

Sarcastro said:
As a fan of the Chiefs I think I might freak out if we passed up on Surtain for Aaron Glenn.

Sarcastro, so you're a Chiefs fan. Please tell me what the thinking is in your inner circles. I think you guys have a shot to win the division and seriously contend this year. A player like Pat would be a huge step in that direction. How bad do you want to see the deal done and what are you willing to give up?

girthvader44 said:
The Texans are hot and heavy for 3 solid CB's because they have to play the Colts twice a year (many mult WR sets), and the Titans twice a year (can you say Norm Chow?)...

Makes sense to me, we did it when the Pats shredded us with their 3 and 4 wide sets in 2002...

:roflmao: GIRTHvader. That my friends is funny.

Price just went up Carl. We'll take your 2nd and 4th this year and if you whine about it, we will take a 3rd instead of the 4th.

Phinsdude said:
Anyway, to have the #2 overall pick in the draft, and having 5 Picks, and having holes are RB, QB, and WR, 3 of the picks we gave up from last year, it is so painful. The Gordon trade is so painful, almost as bad as the Feeley.

I am sort of tired of reading your posts because they are not factual:

A - Ricks picks were not that bad. He could be but everybody is green and learns through experience. IMO he is slightly above average in talent evaluation. His real knock in this area is offensive line.

End result = most of last years picks were starters or very qualified backups.

B - The gorden trade was desperation but there is not a doubt that he has talent - not Ricky 40 carries a game talent. The end result was that he did what Ricky was destined to do in our offensive scheme, which was either a season or career ending injury.

End result = a whole slew of hurt running backs because none were equipped for a 16 game beatdown.

c - Feeley is unproven. With an OL that went from one player nicknamed turnstile to a whole line acting as entry gates to our backfield and no running game to speak of to disrupt a D attack you cannot attribute the passer rating to his play. Almost forgot that our TE who needs to back up words with acions needs to remember that a ball thrown to him and that is not deflected has to be caught. At times Feeleey seems lost but he does have the physical ability we traded for. He could be coached to excel. Actual fact, we do not know what we have got at QB which could probably be a pickup load of trash .

End result = Who knows but Feeley, Frerotte and Rosenfels does not overly scare opposing d's. It does however lend Dolfans to wailing, crying and gnashing of teeth.

Dubfire said:
Sarcastro, so you're a Chiefs fan. Please tell me what the thinking is in your inner circles. I think you guys have a shot to win the division and seriously contend this year. A player like Pat would be a huge step in that direction. How bad do you want to see the deal done and what are you willing to give up?

I think a 2nd would be good for both sides. The trade I really want is a 4th this year and a 2nd next. I am hoping that Miami trades down with someone, because I think it would make it more likely that Saban would be willing to take picks for next year's draft. I would be willing to give up a 2nd and 4th or 5th this year, but guys like Mr Fan make hope we end up trading down in the draft then trading a 3rd for Surtain so I can read guys like him melting down after acting like they are running the Dolphin's organization.

Also, I think it is pretty funny that people get so upset over Carl offering a 4th. Nobody should have taken that as realistically as all the Chiefs are willing to offer. Saban is basically a rookie right now.

Carl acts like one of those little dogs that think they are a pitbull. He gets a good deal sometimes, but he postures ALL of the time. He is just feeling the rook around to see if he will fold or hold his ground. I don't see how you could really expect him to act any different since he has no experience in negotiating with Saban. It would be funny, in a bad way for me as a Chiefs fan, if we end up giving a 2nd and 4th or something instead just a 2nd because of Carl's posturing. He is just fishing for the best deal possible. Maybe the Cards being alleged to enter the frey will make him hurry up.

Personally, I think we will see this deal go down for a 2nd with maybe a little more or less either way, but not much of a difference. It may not happen until the 2nd round of the draft.

Back
Top Bottom