Carl Tucker or Cethan Carter? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carl Tucker or Cethan Carter?

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
Tucker for me please. Maybe neither. I don't hate Carter either, though.

2 scrubs 1 thread

Why did we give Carter 2.7 mill guarenteed? We did the same w Fejedelem at 3.25 last year. They are special teams guys.

I get special teams is important, but our starting Center is making 1.75 (w only $400,000 guarenteed). Just seems we are overspending in this area to me.

2 scrubs 1 thread

Why did we give Carter 2.7 mill guarenteed? We did the same w Fejedelem at 3.25 last year. They are special teams guys.

I get special teams is important, but our starting Center is making 1.75 (w only $400,000 guarenteed). Just seems we are overspending in this area to me.
Who do you see making the roster at TE/FB? Gesicki, Smythe, Long and Shaheen have the high ground but we might carry 5 (too many I know) or we might trade one of those away opening the door for Carter/Tucker. In such event which one would you rather? I understand your dislike for Carter's contract. You can factor that in in your choice. Tucker is dirt cheap.

2 scrubs 1 thread

Since entering the league,
Since entering the league, Carter has finished among the top 50 in special teams tackles all three years (missed 2018 with an injury) with 24 career special teams stops. He's played 896 career snaps on special teams, earning a career-best 82.1 PFF grade in 2020.

I created a post listing possible cuts so as to create cap room for rookies. Carter stuck out like a sore thumb. Didn’t know the dude and I don’t know what top ST tacklers earn.

I created a post listing possible cuts so as to create cap room for rookies. Carter stuck out like a sore thumb. Didn’t know the dude and I don’t know what top ST tacklers earn.
2-3 million per year.

Carter signed for 1.2m guaranteed, plus 1.5m salary. Unless he really fails in camp, he's on the team.

Who do you see making the roster at TE/FB? Gesicki, Smythe, Long and Shaheen have the high ground but we might carry 5 (too many I know) or we might trade one of those away opening the door for Carter/Tucker. In such event which one would you rather? I understand your dislike for Carter's contract. You can factor that in in your choice. Tucker is dirt cheap.
I think of the two it would be Carter. He's a solid blocker that plays FB and he is a good special teams contributor.

But Spotrac did have it wrong, and Carter is 1.2 mill guarenteed like Feverdream said.

Carl will really have to show something to have a shot at making this roster.

Back
Top Bottom