Carr being shopped for a 3rd | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carr being shopped for a 3rd

I think we should trade all our draftpicks for QBs that have washed out or have been busts on other teams, I mean its worked so well so far why not toss another few draft picks down the toliet? Carrs a bum straightup I dont want him for a 7th. Im tired of everyone making excuses for that guy, hes just a bust its that simple. Great Qbs can play behind bad Olines and still make plays, this guy took bad sacks, didnt make plays and oh yea his teams have been terrible. Hes not a winner, no thanks.

Man if we use another draft pick on a QB that is not in the draft . . . I will go crazy. This is nuts man.

Joey a fifth
Feeley a second
Cleo a sixth
Pep a second

and this is in the past 3 seasons. Just crazy man.

I have to agree with the person who likened Carr to Harrington. Let's look at the statistics:

http://pro-football-reference.com/players/CarrDa00.htm

Carr has 13,391 yards. He has thrown for 59 TD and 65 INT.

http://pro-football-reference.com/players/HarrJo00.htm

Harrington has 12,478 yards. He has thrown for 72 TD and 77 INT.

The biggest difference seems to be that Carr is more mobile than Harrington is -- he has almost 900 more rushing yards and scores a couple rushing TDs a year.

You can't say that either man has had high quality offensive components to work with. This Dolphins offense was clearly flawed no matter who was working in it. The Lions are a joke, and you can say much the same thing about the Texans. Both men had one quality component (Roy Williams and Andre Johnson) with a tendency to get hurt and various levels of help at the RB position during their careers. Both men have had questionable coaching most of the time.

Cam may have a preference. If he really loves Carr and can convince our GM that a trade is a sound idea, I'm fine with it. Otherwise, I'd suggest trying to develop the talent we already have is the better policy.

problem with carr is he digressed at the end of the season. he became a turnover machine. other problem with carr is kubiak. Kubiak is a QB genius. If he's looking to ship Carr that should send out red flags that something is unfixable with Carr

Thanks, but no thanks. Like I've been saying: Let's draft our own guy for a change. Stop trading away picks for other teams' garbage.

honestly. carr isnt better than what we have. Its not a bad deal though.

I also find it interesting because i believe sage rosenfels is the back-up there so i would think this gives him a shot to start.

In the end, I dont think Carr would do any better than Harrington. Anybody claiming Cpep is better is not looking at reality as it currently stands.

Thanks, but no thanks. Like I've been saying: Let's draft our own guy for a change. Stop trading away picks for other teams' garbage.

agreed. build your qb from scratch. Thats why Cam is here right?

I like Carr and If it weren't for the fact we have raped our draft picks over the years trying to trade to get a guy I would say bring him in. However, I'm sick of fiddle **cking around. Bring in a guy with the #9 pick, slap a Dolphin logo on his head and call him the future.

And Carr and Harrington are nothing alike, Don't throw me stats, Harrington was on a team that pushed offense and drafted for Harringtons success, ya ever see how many WR's they drafted in the first round? Whereas Houston has paid far more attention to the defense, all-be-it didn't work.

I have to agree with the person who likened Carr to Harrington. Let's look at the statistics:

http://pro-football-reference.com/players/CarrDa00.htm

Carr has 13,391 yards. He has thrown for 59 TD and 65 INT.

http://pro-football-reference.com/players/HarrJo00.htm

Harrington has 12,478 yards. He has thrown for 72 TD and 77 INT.

The biggest difference seems to be that Carr is more mobile than Harrington is -- he has almost 900 more rushing yards and scores a couple rushing TDs a year.

You can't say that either man has had high quality offensive components to work with. This Dolphins offense was clearly flawed no matter who was working in it. The Lions are a joke, and you can say much the same thing about the Texans. Both men had one quality component (Roy Williams and Andre Johnson) with a tendency to get hurt and various levels of help at the RB position during their careers. Both men have had questionable coaching most of the time.

Cam may have a preference. If he really loves Carr and can convince our GM that a trade is a sound idea, I'm fine with it. Otherwise, I'd suggest trying to develop the talent we already have is the better policy.

thanks for the research, nice work. i also agree with the kubiak post. if kubiak does not want carr then he has issues which are probably impossible to fix

And Carr and Harrington are nothing alike, Don't throw me stats, Harrington was on a team that pushed offense and drafted for Harringtons success, ya ever see how many WR's they drafted in the first round? Whereas Houston has paid far more attention to the defense, all-be-it didn't work.

Joey Harrington is not responsible for Charles Rogers having collarbokes made of balsa wood. He's not responsible for Matt Millen drafting a tight end who hadn't played in a year as a receiver, either. If you're going to suggest that Lions tried to draft for offense, fine. If you're going to success they SUCCEEDED, that's another matter entirely. The Lions embody ineptitude, and it's remarkable that they drafted a QB with as much skill as Harrington has given how bad they are. Then again, they also did manage to get Roy Williams. Matt Millen proves that even a stopped clock is right twice a day that way, I suppose.

Let's put it this way. Would you rather have talent surrounding you including Domanick Davis, Andre Johnson, and Jabbar Gaffney or talent surrounding you including Kevin Jones, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams?

Let's look at the stats:

Davis (now Williams) had a 1700+ yard year (combined rushing and receiving)
Johnson had a pair of 1100+ yard years
Gaffney had a 600+ yard year

Jones had a 1300+ yard year
R Williams had an 800+ yard year (this year doesn't count as Harrington wasn't there)
M Williams had a 300+ yard year

Now, you tell me who had the superior talent surrounding him. We can also go into the injury picture to prove this point. Remember that the Lions had one fewer year with Harrington than the Texans had with Carr.

M Williams missed 2 games the only year he had with Harrington
R Williams missed 3 games in the 2 years he had with Harrington
Rogers missed 34 games in the 3 years he had with Harrington
Jones missed 4 games in the 2 years he had with Harrington

Gaffney missed 0 games in the 4 years he had with Carr
Johnson missed 3 games in the 4 years he had with Carr
Davis missed 24 games in the 4 years he had with Carr, but Houston still managed to finish 21st in rushing this year to Detroit's 32 despite Davis being out for the season

In fact, let's consider the rushing game the teams have had since the two QBs came out in 2002. Actually, NFL.com only has that stat for 2003 on...

2006: Houston 21 vs. Miami 22
2005: Houston 15 vs. Detroit 26
2004: Houston 12 vs. Detroit 19
2003: Houston 23 vs. Detroit 32

Since 2003, Carr has NEVER had a weaker rushing offense to help him than Harrington has had.

Yeah, I'd say the contention that Detroit was successfully built for offense and its QB's success is a CROCK. The statistical analysis leads me to suggest Carr is a WORSE QB than Harrington if anything.

I bet they are regretting last year draft. VY, Lienart, Bush and they didnt take any. They should keep him and take Adrian Peterson.

I like Carr and If it weren't for the fact we have raped our draft picks over the years trying to trade to get a guy I would say bring him in. However, I'm sick of fiddle **cking around. Bring in a guy with the #9 pick, slap a Dolphin logo on his head and call him the future.

And who would you bring in with that #9 pick? Quinn and Russell won't be around, hell, if they last past the #4 pick I'll be incredibly surprised. Too many teams in front of us have a need at QB (Oakland, Lions, Browns (especially if Quinn falls to them), Tampa Bay, Minnestoa, and Houston (if they truly are shopping Carr)). That's 6 teams out of 8 in front of us that need a QB. I'm all for bringing in our own guy, but we need to be smart about it. The guy I wanted decided to go back to school (either Brennen or Bhrom). This isn't our year to draft a QB of the future. Besides Quinn and Russell, I don't like any of the QB's, they just don't impress me that much. We need to continue to build the supporting players around our QB (OL, and defense, with a speedy WR thrown in there if we can get a good one). We'll see what happens in next years draft. And no, we don't have to have an early draft pick to get a great QB. Dan Marino was a 27th overall pick. Drew Brees was a 2nd round pick. Hell, Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. We can find the diamond in the rough, it just takes patience.

:dolphins:

I like Carr but if Kubiak is shipping him out after 11 year you have to wonder baout his head. Given that IF you trade for Carr you better trade C-Pep for him because you can't have them both and Cleo. Makes no sense!

Back
Top Bottom