Case for Gase or Gase a disgrace? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Case for Gase or Gase a disgrace?

levv151

Scout Team
Reaction score
I see many threads on this topic and I wanted to have one central sounding board for people from either side of the coin to discuss. I think he has made a lot of mistakes but I am so sick of instability here that I think he deserves another season. If they tank next year or even marginally below expectations, then I think he'll be gone...ready, set go...ATTACK...or DEFEND...

We can't erase every trace
That Gase in lace is still a disgrace
I'd displace his face with a mace
Knocking him into space so fast your heart would race

Sorry I have no opinion I just wanted to rhyme too.
It was awesome...very Dr. Suess...I did not like his aqua scheme, it all was one big dumb pipe dream, his bubble screens were a joke, our Offensive line coach snorted coke, Our QB was Tim Tebow on crack, I want this f#*ing season back...

Of course he'll be here another two years at least, we recognize that this is on the job training and the hope is that he learns from his mistakes. We've had a string of unsuccessful rookie HCs going all the way back to Wanny so, the trend is not favorable for success.
All in the hope of finding the next young Don Shula, forgetting that Shula had previous HC experience and, had been to a Superbowl.
Gase is young and unproven and with that at a disadvantage when dealing with multimillionaire egomaniacs not much younger than himself. The my-way-or-the-highway approach will rarely work with your most passionate players. Drake may turn out to be an upgrade for the team but, he'll be watching Ajayi on TV in the play-offs. You can't get rid of all the guys with chips on their shoulders, you want guys like that playing for you or we'll be playing the regular season with pre-season quality teams.

In all honestly, I just don't know. After year one, I thought he was a rising star in the coaching world. After year two, it doesn't look so good.

Upon his hiring, I had two major concerns.

1. Experience/Age -- I have nothing against hiring young coaches. I think Don Shula was 33 when he first became a coach. My concern, though, was whether he had enough coaching experience to attract quality coaches to his staff. So far this has seemingly been a problem. I think Miami's coaching staff is below average. This has been especially prevalent in the lack of development on the offensive line. The Forester situation really hurt this team. That said, he does seem to have a great connection with players, meaning as some of those guys retire maybe they could make good coaches for Gase. A guy like Peyton Manning as an example.

2. Player Connection --- When I first read that Gase was a players coach, I thought that was great. Then, you started hearing about how he could ham it up with players etc., and I started to wonder if he would be able to establish himself as Mr. Authority so to speak. Well, early returns on this were certainly in his favor as Gase made quick decisions on players and seemed to make all the right moves and pushed all the right buttons. Players played hard for him.

My current concern:

1. Will he ever be able to implement his style of offense? From the beginning, Gase talked about a fast paced offense, but he hasn't been able to achieve that. Is it because of the extreme lack of talent on the offensive line, a lack of a quality tight end, or is this a coaching issue?

2.. The perceived lack of discipline. Miami led the league in penalties and were among the worst teams in the turnover ratio. A lot of the problems seemed to be on the offensive line. Was it lack of coaching there?

3. Talent evaluation. Signing Cutler, IMO, was a big mistake. The team got a few really good games out of Cutler, but he mostly played like a bottom-tier quarterback and was a big part of the turnover issue. There had to be better options out there. Plus, Gase has to take part of the blame for dumpster diving for offensive linemen. That, more than anything, doomed 2017.

Season 1 for me the arrow was pointing an exciting "straight up")
Last season it was pointing nearly but not entirely straight down

So for me, the cumulative Gase arrow is a tad above sideways

I'm in the give Gase and the FO time to get their rhythm camp. Yes, that means we'll have some bad years, and if that's what it takes for us to discover and fine tune our system that A) gets us playing better each year; B) Builds enough resiliency into the system that a coach leaving or a key player getting hurt doesn't kill an entire season; C) we become a destination team where players want to come here; I'm ok with that. Basically, I want us to find the equivalent of what the Steelers and Patriots have, and what we had back in the Shula days.

I think Gase is probably the best coach we've had in the last 15 years but unfortunately thats not exactly that big of an accomplishment. We don't have to go to the playoffs next year but a winning record would be s step in right direction. If we don't have at least a winning season I'm ready to move on.

The case for Gase? Don't try to replace.
Good coaches are as important as winning the race to space!
He was on the case, but had tribulations to face.
Give him time. Let him build his base.
The Sad Gase Face will disappear without a trace.

Last edited:
He’s closer to starring in a future edition of Black Monday than he is leading Miami back to the playoffs. He gets rid of an OC basically for all his mistakes since you know Gase calls all the plays. And of course he’s bringing in the whole Chicago staff to Miami. I would not be surprised if he lets Landry walk.

-MURDER WAS THE GASE-
As Tanny looks up at the sky
Our Olines trippin, a tear drops my eye
As our roster starts to fall
I'm shakin and Tannebaum's stankin tryin to save the Dolphins
Pumpin on my chest and I'm screamin
I stop breathin, damn I see Cutler
Dear God, I wonder can ya save me
I can't die the Dolphins are my favorite baby
I think it's too late for prayin, hold up
Adam Gase spoke to me and he slowly started sayin
"Bring your season to me I'll make it better"
How long will win?
"This season and forever"
And will be, the team that we was?
"I'll make your season better than you can imagine or even dreamed of
So relax your soul, let Jay Cutler take control
Close your eyes my son"
My eyes are closed
Murder... murder thru Culter was what Gase gave me

You get points just for the "Name" of the thread! "Randomname" gets honorable mention!

As for my opinion, I'm with you he's young and as long as he's learning. At least we seem some signs. I was stoked after the Patriots second game but I'm sure most were. Then only disappointment afterwords as the team and players seem to take two steps back. This team is desperately in need of some "good fortune" for change.

2.. The perceived lack of discipline. Miami led the league in penalties and were among the worst teams in the turnover ratio. A lot of the problems seemed to be on the offensive line. Was it lack of coaching there?

3. Talent evaluation. Signing Cutler, IMO, was a big mistake. The team got a few really good games out of Cutler, but he mostly played like a bottom-tier quarterback and was a big part of the turnover issue. There had to be better options out there. Plus, Gase has to take part of the blame for dumpster diving for offensive linemen. That, more than anything, doomed 2017.

I'm not concerned about the penalties so much. The actual league leader in penalties was the Seattle Seahawks, and nobody thinks Pete Carroll doesn't have control of his team. We should expect that to get better and I'm expecting it to.

The guy took us to the playoffs last year when none of us expected it. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and thinking he will turn this around. I'm definitely disappointed about this year, but not ready to give up on him yet.

The case for Gase? Just try to replace.
Good coaches are as important as winning the race to space!
He was on the case, but had tribulations to face.
Give him time. Let him build his base.
The Gase Face will disappear without a trace.
This is not an attack, but who would you suggest the team goes after? I mean I am so sick and tired of mediocrity. I want another Don Shula and I want him now! I just don't know who that is…

This is not an attack, but who would you suggest the team goes after? I mean I am so sick and tired of mediocrity. I want another Don Shula and I want him now! I just don't know who that is…

I am strongly of the opinion that you misunderstand my rhyme, kind sir.

I edited it. Hopefully that elucidates.

Back
Top Bottom