Case for Tom Brady | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Case for Tom Brady

Wentz is interesting. Top 10 quarterback when he's healthy, but that's been a big if. Philly would be stupid to trade him IMO.

As to Brady, it makes zero sense for Miami. The truth is Fitzpatrick was a better quarterback than Brady last year. Brady had a running game and a top 10 defensive, but was rated 23rd or 17th depending on what quarterback model you prefer.

Fitzpatrick had one of the worst offensive lines in recent NFL history, no running game and not much on defense, but a higher quarterback rating than Brady.

Five years ago, it is a no brainer to sign Tom Brady, but he's no longer Tom Terrific. Tom barely average maybe.

1. I don’t think there is much interest in Tom Brady outside of the Raiders. Dallas and San Fran are the only rosters he could have any chance of success with.

2. Carson Wentz can be fantastic at times. Eagles don’t win a super bowl without the No.1 seed he earned them. Injuries are as big a concern with him as any player in the league though.

It’s a good proposition posed by the OP. For the record, the Eagles wouldn’t consider making this deal for one second. If they were guaranteed Tua and could keep their first. They still wouldn’t do it.

Not an easy one to answer for me on what I would do if given the choice.

Betting on one injury prone player vs. another, it’s a gamble either way.

Regardless, Tom Brady is cooked.

Cha ching. We know what Wentz is. Imagine what Tua could be or whomever we land.
Wentz was in the running for MVP just a few seasons ago in the NFL. He’s more proven than Tua. Tua hasn’t done anything yet. Not saying I want Wentz, but you can’t crown undrafted rookies over Wentz yet like Wentz is a scrub.

Wentz is interesting. Top 10 quarterback when he's healthy, but that's been a big if. Philly would be stupid to trade him IMO.

As to Brady, it makes zero sense for Miami. The truth is Fitzpatrick was a better quarterback than Brady last year. Brady had a running game and a top 10 defensive, but was rated 23rd or 17th depending on what quarterback model you prefer.

Fitzpatrick had one of the worst offensive lines in recent NFL history, no running game and not much on defense, but a higher quarterback rating than Brady.

Five years ago, it is a no brainer to sign Tom Brady, but he's no longer Tom Terrific. Tom barely average maybe.
I have to agree. At his age, he is staring down the barrel of steep decline. Father time can only be held off for so long.

TBH, I can't really see how it would make sense for any team to pay him as an elite QB at this stage of his career.

Wentz was in the running for MVP just a few seasons ago in the NFL. He’s more proven than Tua. Tua hasn’t done anything yet. Not saying I want Wentz, but you can’t crown undrafted rookies over Wentz yet like Wentz is a scrub.

So I repeat, brother. We know what Wentz is. Who knows what these young kids will become?

And I'm not certain how my last statement is crowning someone but, ok. If yah say so.

Howie Roseman is one of the best GMs in the NFL. If he is interested in trading Wentz, then steer clear of the deal.

If that would be such a good idea, why wouldn’t we just draft Tua ourselves and sign Brady?

We’d either play good with Brady this season, or we’d watch him get destroyed behind our line. After watching him spend an entire career being a pain in our butts, either way is a win.

Or a different idea..... sign Brady, draft and sign all defensive players after that, and cut any offensive linemen that appear to be playing well. Upside? Watching Brady get punished, and we’d get Trevor Lawrence next year. The improvement in defense would get him right back on the field/“firing squad”. Downside? One more year in the L column.

If that would be such a good idea, why wouldn’t we just draft Tua ourselves and sign Brady?

We’d either play good with Brady this season, or we’d watch him get destroyed behind our line. After watching him spend an entire career being a pain in our butts, either way is a win.

Or a different idea..... sign Brady, draft and sign all defensive players after that, and cut any offensive linemen that appear to be playing well. Upside? Watching Brady get punished, and we’d get Trevor Lawrence next year. The improvement in defense would get him right back on the field/“firing squad”. Downside? One more year in the L column.
I would assume Because FA comes before Draft, Miami could sign Brady and not get Tua.

I have to agree. At his age, he is staring down the barrel of steep decline. Father time can only be held off for so long.

TBH, I can't really see how it would make sense for any team to pay him as an elite QB at this stage of his career.
I agree, but I could see the Chargers paying him. They have absolutely no fan base in Los Angeles and could use the promotional value Brady could bring.

Back
Top Bottom