Castillo/Corrales-Greatest Fight Ever? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Castillo/Corrales-Greatest Fight Ever?

you could see the life get sucked out of castillo just before the 1:00 minute mark... i wish i had a picture of that look on his face

there's got to be a rematch - i'll fly out personally to see it

Nobody can question that stoppage. Castillo was not defending himself after that last big shot. He was out on his feet.

As it was happening, I yelled for the stoppage at that exact moment. Great refereeing all around tonight by this guy.

he was on top of it the whole fight - especially after the first knockdown - i changed my mind about the rematch - this fight is a classic - put it in a time capsule - nah f-it - i gotta see another one :D

BTW - I'm watching my DVR replays now. I think James Toney is directly behind the final knockout action. Watch him jumping around when the fight is stopped. :)

Yes that was James Toney!! And that was Winky Wright to Toneys well...right. Winky takes on Tito Trinidad next Saturday at 160 (middleweight), in what I hope will be, half as exciting as this fight. I just home from the bar and I was telling anyone and everyone about this Chico/Castillo fight tonight. I am proud to be a boxing fan in a sport that is sometimes hard to stick by. I'm happy that you 2 got to check it out and I hope that anyone here that has Showtime can somehow check out the replay.

that fight was off the hook. maybe the best i've ever seen. better than gatti/ward I. better than barrera/morales I. it was a good stoppage. castillo was out on his feet. hands down.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
You guys must of missed Morales-Pacquio although last night's fight was phenominal!

Nope I saw it. I have it on DVD. The ending of this fight however, made it hands down better than Pac/Morales IMO. The one that comes to mind that is comparable is Gatti/Ward1. To me though, this will be impossible to top for fight of the year!!!! Hopefully one of JT/X will top it, but I doubt it.

I knew this would be a great year for boxing and it will hopefully only get better.

The best fight I've personally ever seen. As far as action, the only 2 that compare are MAB-Morales 1, and Gatti-Ward 1. Gatti-Ward IMO is not as great beacuse of the class on display last night. The shot that Castillo took to end round 7 was the best left hook Chico(IMO right there with Tito as being the best puncher in the sport, slightly ahead of Manny Pac) has ever landed and he still stood up. I cannot imagine either fighter being the same after last night and I side with Joe Goosen is believing a rematch is unnecessary, despite the selfish tendancies of us fight fans that want to see it again. FWIW, I had Corrales up 5-4 going into the 10th but bc of the knockdowns and deduction it was apparent Chico needed a KO.

Round 9 of Gatti/Ward 1 is comparable to r10 of Chico/Castillo but thats about it. Rafael at ESPN is calling last night's fight the fight of the decade! Glad to see some fight fans on the site!!!

Boxing is going to have one hell of a summer. Take a look at the schedule, starting this week with Tito and Winky every Saturday this summer will have a marquee match-up (or close to every Saturday). As a huge boxing fan, this is one of the most anticipated summer's in my boxing memory. So many good matches this summer I can't wait for it to begin this weekend with Tito and Winky!

Back
Top Bottom