Caught this off of ESPn insiders, I just posted the AFC East portion.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Caught this off of ESPn insiders, I just posted the AFC East portion..

rhadaddy

Who's your daddy?
Reaction score
Nothing we dont know but a interesting read nonetheless

AFC EAST

New England Patriots
Record: 10-2
What's working: With the Patriots, it sounds like a broken record, but the defense has been fantastic in spite of injuries up and down the roster. The offense can brag about surviving the injury bug as well, although its performance hasn't been as impressive as that of the defense. The offensive line has been a pleasant surprise, led by rookie C Daniel Koppen and new starting ORT Tom Ashworth, who have stepped in and performed well. Also QB Tom Brady has been on his game lately, limiting turnovers and running the offense quite well.

What needs to be fixed: Although RB Kevin Faulk has been a playmaker at times and a big bonus in the passing game, he has not been consistent, and neither has any other running back on the roster. The Patriots need the running game to take some pressure off Brady and the passing game and provide more balance. Also, the team will have to figure out what to do when injured WR Troy Brown returns to action. The Patriots will have seven receivers once that occurs, which means at least one current pass catcher could be cut.

Miami Dolphins
Record: 8-4
What's working: The run defense has been a force at times, and although the pass defense has given up some really big plays, it has been mostly solid. The running game appears to be coming around again after a six-week slump in which RB Ricky Williams did not register a 100-yard game.

What needs to be fixed: The running game, though, could become more consistent. It needs to be able to crank out the yards week-in and week-out, without hitting a dry spell. The offensive line has been soft and has battled through injuries. If it can get healthy and add some punch to its repetoire, Williams would have a better go of it. And although QB Jay Fiedler has done a solid job in his return from a knee injury, the passing game has yet to actually frighten anyone into swinging their defense away from stopping Williams.

Wouldn't it be nice for the passing game to be solid the rest of the way and to have teams actually respect our passing game...

Let's just hope JF stays in a zone and the line keeps up it's play.

Can't

ESPN insiders is pay to view. I have a subscription, so I can post bits and pieces, however I can't paste the entire article. There's nothing about the Bills or Jets, but if there's a team that you are interested in I can paste that portion.

What they stated is true for the most part. I do not agree with us giving up big plays in the air. I mean we have, but the way they said it is like If were getting burned every other game, and that isn't so. And our Run Defense has been solid for the most part? We haven't allowed an 100 yard rusher YET.

Yeah, I found it a little lacking.......

I like the part about the run defense being solid for the most part......

try solid.

We given up lots of big plays in the air but its mainly because we been playing a lot of zone, cover 2. We like keeping our safety's deep on the back most of the time.

I have noticed more big plays through the air this year definately. It is kind of surprising for them to say our run defense is solid most of the times. I thought it was under what was working? It wa skind of a back handed complement. Not that it matters. I cannot wait for this sunday.

Have we givin up a 100 yrds on the ground this year? UHHHH.......NO! Nuff said. The O is going to be our downfall mostly the passing.

Yeah we have been..

Originally posted by Prime Time
What they stated is true for the most part. I do not agree with us giving up big plays in the air. I mean we have, but the way they said it is like If were getting burned every other game, and that isn't so. And our Run Defense has been solid for the most part? We haven't allowed an 100 yard rusher YET.

Given up alot of big plays this year. We're just lucky we've got the #1 redzone defense. Our zone defense is susseptable to the big play. It has been all year. The only positive aspects is, opossing offenses now have to consider our different defensive coverages and we've had plenty of interceptions this year. One of our biggest downfalls were teams new we were "always" in man coverage and eventually they could pick our defense apart. IT's gotten mixed reviews and mixed results, but I ultimately think it will help us in the long run, if nothing more, it keeps our cb's fresh.

If Fiedler can stay in a grove, MAN! We will go far.

I would actually be a Fiedler fan if he can pull it off.

This is the best defense to not make the playoffs in the past 30 years. That would be a shame, the Phins are my inside track for a wild card lock still despite the road games late. Make it count the D is all about dominance.
This D is vet, smart, fast, tough, hungry to prove itself still. The wild card would be no obstacle, especially given that you would perhasps face the Pats round one. Your run game can beat any afc team, Indy and Titans have trouble with the run, and the CHiefs give up 130 a game on the ground. This last month will be a blast down to the wire. Good luck.

I think the "Patsies" have the inside track on the bye week in the playoffs, having beaten both Indy and Tennessee.

I LOVE this last month of the season. The only thing heating up up here in NE is the trash talk between McMichael and Harrison. I't going to be in the 20s by game time. God only knows what the wind chill will be. Glad I'll be watching from my living room.

Fiedler give you guys the best chance every week. I like him as the QB (at least I would if I was a 'Phins Fan). He is a winner. Any QB would be diminished by Marino's shadow, but Jay seems to measure up in terms of sheer toughness, if not skill.

Tom Brady has been on his game lately, limiting turnovers and running the offense quite well.

Didn't Brady have 2 fumbles and 2 Ints against Indy? If that's limiting turnovers, god help the pats if he starts getting careless.

Fiedler is best when he takes it to people and lets his WR make plays for the ball. He is a good guy at showing effort, running for first downs when needed. Pats DB can make plays too, Fiedler will have to watch out their young FS is a CB with closing speed. This should be a great matchup, the weather looks like it becomes all Run game, favors the Phins O and D. Just make the fg count Mare this kind of weather is where Adam V. makes it happen.

Back
Top Bottom