cause of running game woes???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cause of running game woes????

Ohiophinphan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
While the lack of carries and an inability to get into the flow of a game with his limited work are likely the prime cause of Ricky Williams lack of production, could it be that the running game misses Rob Konrad more than we thought it would? Or is it the OL?

I suspect that it's also something where Ricky is not going at 100% right now. Even on the 20 yard catch and run down the sideline, he never seemed to really crank it up.

You have to give some credit to Atlanta's 3-4 defense. Its a look that Miami doesn't see too often. Seeing it now will help down the line with teams that go with the 3-4. What Miami needs to work on to open up the running game on 3-4 defense is downfield passing. At least 10 yard passing plays. Screens and shuttle passes won't help open it up.

No one is really giving 100% right now, but it isn't a problem. Last year at this time, some people were complaining about Ricky struggling in preseason. It isn't a big deal.

Originally posted by Ohiophinphan
While the lack of carries and an inability to get into the flow of a game with his limited work are likely the prime cause of Ricky Williams lack of production, could it be that the running game misses Rob Konrad more than we thought it would? Or is it the OL?

we ran Ricky straight up the middle the entire pre-season. As we all remember Ricky gained all his yards by cutting back or running to the outside. we haven't done that yet.

As someone pointed out in another thread, you're seeing pretty much straight up man-blocking. We haven't seen any cross-blocking/pulling/etc. And those cross-blocks are an enormous part of our running game.

I really think that we are just running simple plays, getting people back in game playing shape, loosening it up against another team rather than our own defense. We don't want to show everything that we have, and allow other teams to start game planning on us. Even when we go up against Houston, I think we will do only what we need to do to put a 20 point difference between us and then cruise. We keep our best play to ourselves. I also wonder if we really still can't throw the ball down field......or were allowing other teams to "believe" we still can't throw the ball down field.........inquiring minds want to know!

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
No one is really giving 100% right now, but it isn't a problem. Last year at this time, some people were complaining about Ricky struggling in preseason. It isn't a big deal.

BAM!!! you hit it right on the nail!! Couldnt agree more with you ice.......Ricky is being careful out there....if you take a look at his runs he goes down right away or he goes out of bounds (i.e.the screen pass down the sideline, if it was a game that counted he wouldve went heads up or cut inside) I dont recall Ricky running out of bounds that much last season.....had that been a real game Ricky wouldve wouldve fought for every last yard, but in that game theres no need to.....also if you recall last pre-season how unsuccesful he was....and them BOOM! he exploded.:cool:

Konrad is a part of our blocking. He is sometimes underrated as a blocker..not by us but by the media/analysts. I really hope he gets back ASAP.

My point exactly Prime Time. I agree this is not a big deal at this point. I just think Konrad's absence is more important than the media is reporting.

look teams are gearing up to stop ricky. thats why our passing game this year is so important. but look at ricky as a reciever, teh ol cowboys dump off is looking great. norv has an answere to everything as long as he has the talent. im not worried in the least about preseason cus its basic vanilla and they are saving the good stuff. I dont know why im reading so much negativity when we looked very very solid last night in all facets besides a couple of big plays by the falcons(except royals of course). im only worried about LT and royals.

Back
Top Bottom