cb comparision | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cb comparision

Boik14 said:
I agree a 4th rd pick alone wouldnt be worth it but a 4th and a future 2nd or a 2nd this year certainly would be. If we keep him beyond this year we'll have to franchise him to keep him or risk losing him for nothing. Im not willing to do that at any price. :shakeno:

What's the CB FA market like next year? If it's pretty weak, I think we can franchise Pat and get a 1st rounder if some desperate team wants him. That'd be much better than just a 2nd rounder. Plus, he might lose a lotta market value next season and become affordable to us.

Regan21286 said:
What's the CB FA market like next year? If it's pretty weak, I think we can franchise Pat and get a 1st rounder if some desperate team wants him. That'd be much better than just a 2nd rounder. Plus, he might lose a lotta market value next season and become affordable to us.
As far as Im aware most of the good CB's are locked up. however there are other things to consider, like Pat's left knee thats been repaired 3x and the fact he'll be 30 which is that magic age where value slips alot. Injury would totaly destroy his value and we'd never see a 1st once hes 30; never. If we deal him now and open up that cap space we could sign a replacement if desired and upgrade in other spots.

Boik14 said:
As far as Im aware most of the good CB's are locked up. however there are other things to consider, like Pat's left knee thats been repaired 3x and the fact he'll be 30 which is that magic age where value slips alot. Injury would totaly destroy his value and we'd never see a 1st once hes 30; never. If we deal him now and open up that cap space we could sign a replacement if desired and upgrade in other spots.

Wouldn't that mean he'd be cheaper?

Regan21286 said:
Wouldn't that mean he'd be cheaper?
Not necessarily. Players over 30 do get big contracts and who knows what happens when a stud cb hist the open market. We'd have to franchise him at a higher cap cost than hes making this year (The Franchise CB # this year is 8.8m; surts making 8.4.) and that franchise Cb # is expected to rise again next year. That means we:
A. Lose him for nothing
B. Overpay him as a FA in the open market
C. Franchise a 30 year old cb for 9+m in the hope that we could trade him.

Trading him now is what makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom