CB ......how (draft or FA) to improve and with who ?

Russ57

Scout Team
Reaction score
One of my sleepers is Damon Arnette. If he could get his head right I think he could be a steal. Troy Pride might be another. He has great speed. Think 4th, 5th round guys with starting potential. If Nik Needham can be developed maybe these guys can. Elijah Riley would be one of my first signed un-drafted guys.

Bottom line, this is a deep draft for CB's. A lot of the guys at the top are contact adverse and stink at run support. That said they are tall and fast. Fulton/Diggs/Henderson at 2A or Dantzler/Hall/Terrell/Gladney at 2B are all worth considering. I'm thinking Flores would want good run support and blitzing ability from any/all DB's.

hoops

exited stage left
Reaction score
I’m not sure what arnette is at the next level. He’s physical and enforcer but he’s probably a little stiff for the boundary. Tough kid played with a club the majority of the season.

is he underrated is he overrated im still trying to figure it out and what’s his role/fit

hoops

exited stage left
Reaction score
I can’t see miami investing the kind of money byron Jones would cost paying x already.

think it’s likely to come from the draft. I’d feel better if needham was the 3rd boundary this year. At least if something was brought in legit to compete

hoops

exited stage left
Reaction score
Logan Ryan would I think be a great fit but hes probably gonna cost you $12 mil per so I doubt it.

Lovethefish

Second String
Reaction score
I would move McCain to slot and draft a Winfield or McKinney Rd2.
That gives us us 4-5 quality secondary pieces.

Travis34

chea
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Logan Ryan would I think be a great fit but hes probably gonna cost you $12 mil per so I doubt it.
Yeah Logan Ryan is a name I've been putting out there for awhile, seems like a perfect fit and I'd just move right on from mccain.

but 12 mil you think?! yikes......

Mach2

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I would move McCain to slot and draft a Winfield or McKinney Rd2.
That gives us us 4-5 quality secondary pieces.
The problem with that is that it goes against the core tenent of Flo's philosophy of "multiples", and defensive disguise.

If the guy is so limited as to versatility, is there really a spot for him? He isn't a bad player. He is assignment sound, but often physically overmatched.

Lovethefish

Second String
Reaction score
The problem with that is that it goes against the core tenent of Flo's philosophy of "multiples", and defensive disguise.

If the guy is so limited as to versatility, is there really a spot for him? He isn't a bad player. He is assignment sound, but often physically overmatched.
I appreciate the concept of versatility but McCains best value IMO was slot CB.. I agree with you he was overmatched on boundary and FS. But he should find a spot at slot in dime looks if not base nickel.
My hope:
CB1: X- Howard
CB2: FA
CB3- CB4: Needham - McCain
FS: Draft McKinney or Winfield
SS: Rowe
—2 Pieces away from a decent secondary.

Lovethefish

Second String
Reaction score
I think this offseason out focus should be on fixing 3 units: QB - Oline - Secondary.
QB- Tua

Oline:
LT- Draft #18
RT - Davis or FA
LG: FA Scherff or Thuney
RG: Rd3-4
C: Kilgore- Poaaible Cushenberry- it’s weak class and FA. We f-d it last year with McCoy.

Secondary: CB2 FA, Draft FS RD1 or #39.
Figure: X - FA CB2, CB3 Boundary Needham, CB3 Slot McCain, FS Draft McKinney or Winfield. SS Rowe.
That’s a damn good secondary.

Lovethefish

Second String
Reaction score
Cut mccain
Not sure I’m cutting him this year.
His contract is basically 6 mill/ 5 mill dead.
Save 1 mill cut?
Just put him in as part of your 7 man secondary. We have enough holes to plug.

Travis34

chea
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Not sure I’m cutting him this year.
His contract is basically 6 mill/ 5 mill dead.
Save 1 mill cut?
Just put him in as part of your 7 man secondary. We have enough holes to plug.
Oh damn thats it for cutting him? I guess he can try to earn his spot in the slot again. Thats where he belongs if anything, not FS, not boundary CB

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom