CB ......how (draft or FA) to improve and with who ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CB ......how (draft or FA) to improve and with who ?

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Hello

IMO CB was a need and with Xavien issue that position is a big need now

But IYO what is the best solution to improve because CB draftee seems not deph and in FA only bradberry seem interesting .

Byron Jones seems liked by many dolfan here but I read an article where the 2 least CB against TD reception were Needham and Byron Jones.......

i like james bradberry [panthers]and kendall fuller [chiefs] both young and going to cost

not sure they want to pay big money , so a couple of others maybe

Mackensie Alexander or Trae Waynes ,

and dont forget a ex pats player guy like logan ryan as a stop gap guy

and i also draft 1 or 2 ,jeff gladney /damon arnette i like if they are there in 2nd rnd , a one later troy pride /aj green

Last edited:
I don't have an answer for you except this is a major setback. I think we were looking for another DB regardless of the X situation but even if we draft a rookie, a rookie is a rookie and we'll still have another hole on the other side.

As far as I know, X hasn't been arrested unless I missed some news. And even if he's suspended, do you believe in second chances or does Flores?

Either way, a DB was a need before this calamity. But drafting 2 DBs early with so much need on both sides of the line hurts no matter how you spin it.

We have so much cap. I don't know who is out there but open up that checkbook to fill some of these holes. What would Grier wait for, the chance that he craps the bed in the draft and his job hangs in the balance? All we have promised is today. Spend that money so we can be free in the draft to proceed as we see fit.

Tons of CB's in the draft. I would definitely draft one in the first three rounds, then look for one later as well. I do like Trae Waynes.

Would love to get a Trae Waynes in FA and a guy like Dantzler, Gladney or Jaylon Johnson via the draft. That would be incredible.

Last edited:
It's a strong possibility that Miami drafts a CB with one of their first round picks. As far as who that is, players I've seen later in the first round include Fulton from LSU, Diggs from Alabama and Florida's CJ Henderson. That's not including safeties. Maybe others can chime in on who would be the best fits at the position.

I may be in the minority, but I believe the group did play fairly well without X or a pass rush last year. With or without X we should pick a CB or safety in the top 3 rounds. Draft another in the lower rounds and 1-2 undrafted guys. Pick up a young free agent CB with a team friendly contract/value and sign 1-3 more lower tier free agents CB's. That should give us plenty of competition with our current in house players.

I may be in the minority, but I believe the group did play fairly well without X or a pass rush last year. With or without X we should pick a CB or safety in the top 3 rounds. Draft another in the lower rounds and 1-2 undrafted guys. Pick up a young free agent CB with a team friendly contract/value and sign 1-3 more lower tier free agents CB's. That should give us plenty of competition with our current in house players.

I agree the group did well. Still need a quality CB

Trae Waynes would be a solid #2 CB, but it would have to be a heavy man scheme coverage for him, dude struggles in zone.

Byron Jones is also one of my FA hopeful signings.

Back
Top Bottom