CB ......how (draft or FA) to improve and with who ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CB ......how (draft or FA) to improve and with who ?

Oh damn thats it for cutting him? I guess he can try to earn his spot in the slot again. Thats where he belongs if anything, not FS, not boundary CB
Yeah agree. He doesn’t have the build or physicality for FS but he flashed some at slot and maybe with right scheme / coaching he earns spot.

Not sure I’m cutting him this year.
His contract is basically 6 mill/ 5 mill dead.
Save 1 mill cut?
Just put him in as part of your 7 man secondary. We have enough holes to plug.

Should have been gone two years ago

Not sure I’m cutting him this year.
His contract is basically 6 mill/ 5 mill dead.
Save 1 mill cut?
Just put him in as part of your 7 man secondary. We have enough holes to plug.

I guess when you put it that way it doesn’t make much sense.

that was a bad contract. I dont think it’s a coincidence that as soon as mccain was off the field in 2019 the secondary play elevated.

addition by subtraction. At least I know now why he was sliding into 2nd base on open field tackle attempts on qbs even.

Not that he’s the answer but any chance Talib plays for us on a restructured contract next year?

I guess when you put it that way it doesn’t make much sense.

that was a bad contract. I dont think it’s a coincidence that as soon as mccain was off the field in 2019 the secondary play elevated.

addition by subtraction. At least I know now why he was sliding into 2nd base on open field tackle attempts on qbs even.
How about putting him back on slot duty? That’s why he got that contract in the first place. I still don’t get the S thing.

Going into the Combine, we know:

* CJ Henderson and Darnay Holmes are super fast

* Okudah and Jaylon Johnson are elite athletes, who I'd guess will run under 4.45.

Gladney looks very fast and explosive, and I see that many expect him to run in the 4.3's.

I understood people worrying about Jamel Dean's injury history, but I didn't get the rest of their reservations. As an athlete, he was very similar to the CB version of DK Metcalf - except Dean has average agility instead of terrible agility. He played really well at Auburn, but people worried about his overly-physical style of coverage translating. Excuse me, but if I have a 6'2, 206 lb CB, who runs a 4.3 40 and jumps 41 and 130", and my big concern is him playing too physical, I'm taking him in the 1st Round. He was outstanding in a part-time role in 2019, and many analysts and fans wondered why he wasn't a fulltime player. His injuries did concern me enough to knock him out of the Top 40, but if he stays healthy he's the goods.

The point is just that I wouldn't get caught up in nitpicking CB play. If a guy is good and an elite athlete, you should take him over the guy that's a better college player but just a good or OK athlete. If a guy is good enough to be considered in the 1st Round, and he runs fast and tests well in general, that pick is likely to hit (you can find a post where I go into greater detail somewhere in the Draft Forum, but I looked into it, and 1st RD CB's who run 4.45 or better and test elite overall represent a ton of hits and very few misses).

Take CJ Henderson with pick #18 may happen. Florio likes shutdown man to man corners. There is no a risk with Howard being suspended for multiple games. This position has now become high priority I think. Unless FA solves the issue.

CJ Henderson would be my top choice. Logan Ryan probably best FA option in term of fit and likeliness. Hope for Pat Surtain II in next years draft though honestly

Back
Top Bottom