CBS bashes Feidler | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBS bashes Feidler

The guy is right. There aren't a lot of good QBs in the NFL, and Jay is an example of an average QB getting a lot of money. When Kordell Stewart and Tom Brady are Pro Bowlers, you know there is a lack of good QBs in the NFL.

right now the AFC has only 1 great QB in Manning and he's had his problems; and 1 QB who has been great when he's on the field in Brunnell.

Gannon, Brady and Stewart are all good over-achieving QBs.

The NFC has Warner, Favre, maybe Vick, Culpeper and McNabb and only a few over-achieving QBs like Garcia.

So Jay is above average for the AFC

While Prisco seems to hate Jay for some reason (there are a whole ton of QB's out there that are worse) he has a point when it comes to the handcuffs placed on NFL passers these days. We all may get a very good idea of what happens when an average passer is given free rein to air it out when Spurrier hands the keys of the offense over to a very average Danny Wuerfull (spell?)

Jay is a good QB who will get the job done and is currently one of the top 10 QB's in the league.

Also, Prisco calling McNown a bust at this point is somewhat of a stretch. We'll see in the next couple of years if that's an accurate label or not but I have a feeling that him sitting on the bench behind Fiedler and Lucas, carrying a clipboard, will allow him to develop into the passer that he was supposed to be coming out of college. :confused:

I think Jay Fieldler has done a good job with what he had too work with, probably better than alot of QB's now out there. With a respectable run game and a healthy first string team around him he may gain alot of respectability. Brian Griese's numbers went way down when the injuries mounted for the Bronco's. Payton Manning wasn't near as impressive either. Its so easy too bash players off season but I think we should wait and give the guy a chance. Rather a seasoned average qb than an unknown quantity. Super Bowl teams are sometimes the team with the best players still physically able after 16 games, not necessarily the best team.

Fielder has a lot of heart................. With out a steady running game, no Q.B. will put up staggering numbers...

Griese and Manning in my mind are the future for AFC QBs. Besides those two, there is Gannon, but he is old. Griese will be great this year as he will have McCaffery back. Last year he only had one person to throw to all year in Smith. He had no TE and no 2nd WR. I also think Denver will draft a WR in the early rounds. Manning struggled last season but he will be great again this year.

Griese with Manning???

Sorry but I think Griese is currently in the same league with Fiedler, perhaps even lower at the moment. If we were basing it on sheer talent then Griese would have it hands down, but his problems last year were not all associated with on the field issues. He's managed to alienate his entire team in almost Ryan Leaf like fashion. Unless he does some serious mending of fences and kissing of butt he's going to fail this season and be wearing a different uniform the next.

Manning is unique in that he's one of the few great pocket passers left in the league (Favre and Warner are the others.)

Fiedler has the leadership ability and coolheadedness that's right up there with Gannon's and has a better arm than Gannon. I'm going to have to agree that there really is only 1 truely great QB in the AFC. After that, there's a log jam of for 2 through 10.

Originally posted by DolphinLunatic
Fielder has a lot of heart................. With out a steady running game, no Q.B. will put up staggering numbers...
I guess you missed watching the Fins play from 1983 'til 1999 ;)

Re: Griese with Manning???

Originally posted by Expo88
Sorry but I think Griese is currently in the same league with Fiedler, perhaps even lower at the moment. If we were basing it on sheer talent then Griese would have it hands down, but his problems last year were not all associated with on the field issues. He's managed to alienate his entire team in almost Ryan Leaf like fashion. Unless he does some serious mending of fences and kissing of butt he's going to fail this season and be wearing a different uniform the next.

Manning is unique in that he's one of the few great pocket passers left in the league (Favre and Warner are the others.)

Fiedler has the leadership ability and coolheadedness that's right up there with Gannon's and has a better arm than Gannon. I'm going to have to agree that there really is only 1 truely great QB in the AFC. After that, there's a log jam of for 2 through 10.

Griese was better than Jay last season with only 1 good WR compared to Jay who had 4 and look at Griese when he has 2 good WR. Griese learned well from his great father.

Originally posted by Expo88

Jay is a good QB who will get the job done and is currently one of the top 10 QB's in the league.

:confused:

Look, everyone has the right to their own opinion here.
I also understand that Jay is our QB now period and that's it we have to support him....... HOWEVER.....

Comments like he is one of the top 10 QB's in the league goes from a nice comment to show your support to the realm of an opinion derived from a round of extensive crack smoking!

Unless you mean top 10 interception leaders in the league.

Back
Top Bottom