CBS opts for Cowboys/Chargers over Bills/Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBS opts for Cowboys/Chargers over Bills/Dolphins

They switched because they think Miami is going to get blown out. Of course they would prefer a more competitive back and forth type of game instead right?
Sure, just like last year Miami was going to get blown away by the 49ers, or a couple of years ago, when Miami was going to get blown away by the Steelers...Yet each time, it was the Opponent of the Dolphins that got blown away.

If these people were as brilliant as they think they are, they would know, number 1, Division games between good teams have a higher chance of being good. Number 2, last year in Miami, the game was very competitive, where Miami almost won, and finally #3, the only reason Miami got blown out last year was they went into Buffalo with a very tired and beaten up Defense, and no real receivers for Tua to pass to...I wonder how great the Bills would have been if their top 3 or 4 receivers did not play.

Last edited:
Got the gamepass no problem here, hate CBS announcers anyway.

Sure, just like last year Miami was going to get blown away by the 49ers, or a couple of years ago, when Miami was going to get blown away by the Steelers...Yet each time, it was the Opponent of the Dolphins that got blown away.

If these people were as brilliant as they think they are, they would know, number 1, Division games between good teams have a higher chance of being good. Number 2, last year in Miami, the game was very compatible, where Miami almost won, and finally #3, the only reason Miami got blown out last year was they went into Buffalo with a very tired and beaten up Defense, and no real receivers for Tua to pass to...I wonder how great the Bills would have been if their top 3 or 4 receivers did not play.
They seem to be better at producing #2 then anything else - LOL

Networks don't give a rats a$$ about any of that. They care about viewership, ratings and advertising sales.
...And a team like the Chargers brings that? It would have too, because America's team or not, Cowboys alone is not going to bring more viewers then a competitive division game.

As soon as the Cowboys take a huge lead.on the Chargers, they lost that audience.

FOX is basically home of the NFC East, and it's so tiring. Fans around the league are also sick of that garbage division being forced onto everyone on a weekly basis every year. Ah well. When the Dolphins aren't playing, thank God for RedZone.

...And a team like the Chargers brings that? It would have too, because America's team or not, Cowboys alone is not going to bring more viewers then a competitive division game.

As soon as the Cowboys take a huge lead.on the Chargers, they lost that audience.
Definitely going to be more Cowboys fans than Chargers fans at that game in LA. Raiders and Chargers are constantly going to have more opposing fans in their home stadiums, they need to be in San Diego and Oakland respectively. Once the shine of these new stadiums wear off they're going to be talking about leaving again when their leases are up.

I honestly feel they'd still put cowboys game ahead of miami even if was not vs chargers and herbert. Even if they were playing texans they'd probably still be ahead. America's team. They get the ratings because there are so many damn cowboy fans every where in the US lol. I have 9 cowboy fans at my work place. And that's counting 4 that left. So even when fans leave and go somewhere, they get replaced by new workers who are cowboy fans. There are that many Cowboy fans, And this is CNY ha. I got 3 guys who are fin fans at work so that's nice. But seems like cowboy fans outnumber other fans wherever.

I may be biased but the Atlanta Braves are Americas team

I have boss who has a motto for football season... Death before Dallas

I can understand CBS taking Boys/Bolts game. Buffalo is a dead market. No one cares about Buffalo. And Miami doesn’t have the sexy QB just yet to warrant taking the game.

Back
Top Bottom