CBS opts for Cowboys/Chargers over Bills/Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBS opts for Cowboys/Chargers over Bills/Dolphins

A couple years back FOX and CBS were allowed to trade games regardless of conference affiliation. Both networks protect a select amount of their games from being poached from each other and from being flexed to NBC on Sunday night. I think (I’m not sure about this), FOX and CBS alternate weeks in which one can swap one of their games with the other for a non protected game.

I’m guessing FOX left Dallas/Chargers unprotected and CBS took it and gave them Buffalo/Miami instead of New England/Jets lol
Does that mean we are more interesting then NE vs. Jets?

I guess that's a good thing, but not much of a good thing.

I wonder what will happen with their future selections should the Jets beat NE, avoid showing all NE games?

That thought makes me smile - LOL

Last edited:
I've never seen Cowboys fan take over a stadium like Steelers fan did in LA when they faced the Chargers. Nothing remotely close to it.

I live in NorCal. In the Sacramento region. Going all the way back to watching games at local bars via old school satellite dishes through today, I see far more Packers and Steelers fans than Cowboys fans. Hell, I see more Dolphins fans than Cowboys fans, honestly.

Don't get me wrong. I know numerous Cowboys fans. And I see lots of Cowboys fans around. But not to the degree where I'd ever say there are more than any other non-49ers or Raiders teams.

And as I said in the beginning, I've never seen Cowboys fan take over opposing stadiums like Packers and Steelers fans do. Never.

America's team is and always has been a myth. Propaganda.
I’m from roughly the same area, and I remember a lot of Dolphins fans…then the Niners won a super bowl and their gear was everywhere. Lots of bandwagoneers. But didn’t see a whole lot of Cowboys back then…was Raiders one day, Niners the next, with the Dolphins fairly represented.

Does that means we are more interesting then NE vs. Jets?

I guess that's a good thing, but not much of a good thing.

I wonder what will happen with their future selections should the Jets beat NE, avoid showing all NE games?

That thought makes me smile - LOL
CBS had the rights to pick which game to give up for the Chargers/Cowboys game this week and they gave up Miami/Buffalo over New England and the Jets because I guess they want to showcase the rookie qbs. So cbs thinks New England/Jets is more interesting than Buffalo/Miami

I’m from roughly the same area, and I remember a lot of Dolphins fans…then the Niners won a super bowl and their gear was everywhere. Lots of bandwagoneers. But didn’t see a whole lot of Cowboys back then…was Raiders one day, Niners the next, with the Dolphins fairly represented.

Exactly right.

I have the ticket so it doesn’t matter but I miss regional coverage. Where I live if the pats weren’t on we almost always got Dolphins, Bills or Jets now we get a chosen “good game” that may not even be that good.

This is probably half stupid, but since I have been a regular NFL sunday ticket customer, I almost like it when Miami is not on network TV. Makes me feel like I'm getting my money's worth out of the Ticket.
Makes sense if you only got the ticket to watch the Dolphins.

Yep. Chargers = LA Market. Plus Dallas Fort Worth market.
Buffalo= is there even a market up there?
Exactly. Buffalo market is the reason. They are going to make a lot more money with the Dallas/Ft Worth Market & LA.

Makes sense if you only got the ticket to watch the Dolphins.

I started buying the Ticket back in 1993 or 1994 just so I could watch games here in NorCal. For the 3-4 years before that I used to half to run around the city to whichever bar could get the game in on satellite dish. And before that I was limited to whatever games were on Monday Night Football or if the Raiders game wasn't at the same time and MIA was playing a top opponent.

Luckily for me when I was growing up MIA was one of the more relevant teams so I usually got to see them on TV at least 6-8 times a season not including postseason. But I couldn't follow their offseasons as I've been able to do since the uprising of the internet.

That all said, while Dolphins games are the main reason for purchasing the Ticket, I do have a 4 TV setup in my living room which is freaking awesome. I'm trying to figure out a way to add more.

There's nothing like NFL Sunday's.

I started buying the Ticket back in 1993 or 1994 just so I could watch games here in NorCal. For the 3-4 years before that I used to half to run around the city to whichever bar could get the game in on satellite dish. And before that I was limited to whatever games were on Monday Night Football or if the Raiders game wasn't at the same time and MIA was playing a top opponent.

Luckily for me when I was growing up MIA was one of the more relevant teams so I usually got to see them on TV at least 6-8 times a season not including postseason. But I couldn't follow their offseasons as I've been able to do since the uprising of the internet.

That all said, while Dolphins games are the main reason for purchasing the Ticket, I do have a 4 TV setup in my living room which is freaking awesome. I'm trying to figure out a way to add more.

There's nothing like NFL Sunday's.
Four TV setup....! You're living my dream :NWTY:

Back
Top Bottom