CC HC and shula OC? can this be? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CC HC and shula OC? can this be?

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
the herald on frontpage links says its down to gailey and CC and both are ok to deal wiht the current staff of capers and that either way shula is goin to have a spot on the offensive side which means MM is at risk giving up the 20th ranked offense. So im ASSUMING CC is our HC and Shula becomes our OC. what do you guys think of shula as that? someone tell me as i have no clue on shula plz.

read the article, its all in there.

the herald on frontpage links says its down to gailey and CC and both are ok to deal wiht the current staff of capers and that either way shula is goin to have a spot on the offensive side which means MM is at risk giving up the 20th ranked offense. So im ASSUMING CC is our HC and Shula becomes our OC. what do you guys think of shula as that? someone tell me as i have no clue on shula plz.

He called very,very predictable plays at Alabama the past two seasons. He focused on QBs at Bama and called every play (the OC ran practices and was a play designer along with Shula).
I think Shula would be a bad, bad OC. He would be an above-average qb coach, no doubt.
This is coming from a huge Mike Shula supporter, as well.

If Mularkey is not retained, Jason Garrett should get the job. Period. End of story.

And he's as good as gone if he's passed over for Shula.

yeah this is great news...... Cam was my first choice from the begining
and i would like nothing more then to get rid of mullarky. Hire anyone else just please get rid of him. Promote garrett to OC and hire shula as QB coach and that way everone wins

If Mularkey is not retained, Jason Garrett should get the job. Period. End of story.

And he's as good as gone if he's passed over for Shula.

Garrett is crap!!!!!!!! Look what he's done coaching our QBs??? They have SUCKED! :confused: Hello?

This is what I have been hoping for from day one. Cam iI mean, having a Shula in the mix only sweetens the deal.:dolphins:

I'll agree that we must find a way to retain Garrett and sign Shula. The bigger question is which potential HC of Gailey or Cameron would fit better with in Shula or Garrett as OC? They all must find a way to gel or we will not have any success on the offensive side of the ball.

If Cam Cameron becomes Head Coach, I really don't an autonomous role for the Offensive Coordinator. Cameron will probably do most of the coaching on the offensive side of the ball to install his system. Also, Cameron built his reputation as a QB coach, so I see him being actively involved with the day-to-day handling of the QBs. As for playcalling, I don't know if Cameron will hand over the reigns to the coordinator or call plays from the field, but all of the assistants will probably have a role in gameplanning.

If Cameron does get the job, I would like to see Jason Garrett promoted to offensive coordinator. Even as a backup QB in Dallas, Jerry Jones wanted to hire Garrett on staff because he was sure he had a future coaching star in the ranks. Gruden used him as a player/coach in his short tenure with Tampa Bay, and there must be a reason why he is being sought by the Browns, Alabama, and LSU. I think Garrett has just been waiting for a chance to prove himself.

If it comes down to Garrett or Shula as OC, give me Shula. I really don't care who the HC is. Shula at least showed me something as QB coach.

It would be a colossal mistake to put Shula on the staff and the only reason he would be hired would be a result of Huizenga's relationship with Don. That's the only reason he even got an interview. No other NFL team is interviewing Shula! Especially not as an OC.

He was an atrocious play caller in an unimaginative, vanilla and ultimately ineffective system at Alabama. I would hold no hope for genuine offensive improvement.

Name one place he's been where the offensive side of the ball made serious dramatic improvements over the course of his coaching? Tampa? No. Chicago? No. Miami? No. Alabama? No.

Here's another report on Shula's record - note the offensive production this past year:

Although few expected Alabama to win 10 games and the Cotton Bowl again in 2006, expectations generally still called for a solid eight or nine win season. The Tide jumped out of the gate playing well, moving to 3-0 on the heels of clutch kicking and the solid quarterback play of John Parker Wilson. Against the Arkansas Razorbacks, however, the Tide imploded in a kicking nightmare, and lost again the following week to eventual the eventual national champion Florida Gators. The Tide struggled the rest of the year, as the offense could not move the ball once inside the red zone, the running game struggled to find any success, and the defense played sloppy and was often out of position.

Alabama needed overtime to beat a 4-8 Ole Miss team, and looked very poor against 0-12 Duke University and Florida International, which only dressed roughly 50 players due to suspensions from the Miami brawl. Also, the Tide lost a heartbreaker to the Tennessee Volunteers after leading for over fifty minutes. Finally, Alabama was dominated by Mississippi State in Bryant-Denny Stadium, a team that it had taken three games earlier in the year to even score, and then lost to LSU and to Auburn in the Iron Bowl, despite out-playing the Tigers.

The 2006 team had many problems, the first of which was regarded as a lack of team discipline. Moreover, Shula did not support the strength and conditioning coach Rocky Colburn in his efforts, and many players slacked off on workouts, those leaving the Tide in poor physical shape. The Tide also struggled from a variety of other problems, such as poor coaching by the assistants, and in particular offensive line coach Bob Connelly. Beyond that, the Shula-ran offense was not particularly creative or efficient, and down the stretch the Alabama offense struggled to move the ball, particularly in the red zone.

Maybe as some other assistant? I wouldn't mind Garett as an OC.

Back
Top Bottom