chad brown signed by pats | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

chad brown signed by pats

patsdynasty

3peat bound in motown!
Reaction score
Updating an ongoing storyline, ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the New England Patriots have agreed to the terms of a two-year, $4 million contract with free agent LB Chad Brown (Seahawks) that will pay him $1.5 million this season. The contract includes another $500,000 in incentives he can make based on playing time and performance.

I just loved reading this line from ESPN.
"Brown joins one of the league's smartest and most talented linebacking corps in New England."
ESPN.com.

and brady has extended 6 years!!!!!! that could of been an ugly situation come 2007 and he wasnt taken care of, but not anymore.....

Dirtywater already started a thread about this signing. And he placed it in the correct forum.

As far as the signing. It's a good one by the Pats, he's a solid pickup.

He was good for my alma mater (Univ of Colorado) but he is damaged goods. I guess they need someone to replace Teddy??? :D

well if hes damaged goods then give that me every time!!!

hes 100% healthy now, and hes with a team that competes and wins the superbowl alot.....

the pats org has one of the best strength and conditioning programs around so he will be fine....

patsdynasty said:
Updating an ongoing storyline, ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the New England Patriots have agreed to the terms of a two-year, $4 million contract with free agent LB Chad Brown (Seahawks) that will pay him $1.5 million this season. The contract includes another $500,000 in incentives he can make based on playing time and performance.

I just loved reading this line from ESPN.
"Brown joins one of the league's smartest and most talented linebacking corps in New England."
ESPN.com.

and brady has extended 6 years!!!!!! that could of been an ugly situation come 2007 and he wasnt taken care of, but not anymore.....

Thanks for the news flash Patsdynasty, Brown's good but old then again so is Seau. These 2 years might be his last so enjoy him while you can.
:cooldude:
I would like to thistime to say:jetssuck: . :rockon: :guitar: :shark:

Last I herd It wuz just a possibility nothing has been confermed or finalised big deal any way Whoopie Ne. sucks Hey didnt Miami beat u last year ? the one and only Pat. Player I have any respect for Is big wiilie Mcginnist & mabey Wilfork cuz hes from the U but remember warren sapp was from the U and I wouldnt give up a 7th rndr. for him.

gonick1 said:
Last I herd It wuz just a possibility nothing has been confermed or finalised big deal any way Whoopie Ne. sucks Hey didnt Miami beat u last year ? the one and only Pat. Player I have any respect for Is big wiilie Mcginnist & mabey Wilfork cuz hes from the U but remember warren sapp was from the U and I wouldnt give up a 7th rndr. for him.

:roflmao:

Well, there you have it. GoNick1 has now supplanted Pioli & Belichick for the best front office in the NFL.

I remember when Fin fans used to strive for the Super Bowl instead of a regular season victory. oh well, After talking to the majority of the great posters here, along comes nick to ruin it. j/k, but this post is a classic.

:lol:

Chad Brown is the definition of a has-been. He was good in his day - not great. The ESPN writers (most of them apparently Pats fans) would have you believe that he is on the level of a Derrick Thomas or a Junior Seau, which is ridiculous. I mean, the title reads "Pats sign three-time Pro Bowl LB" when it should read "Pats sign aging LB in feeble attempt to replace Bruschi." Signing Chad Brown reminds me too much of something the Yankees would do. (They are my team.) You lose a player, and you think you can get something in return, but he ends up being old and broken. (Like Kevin Brown, who was ultimately supposed to replace Roger Clemens).

The AFC East now has too many big backs for Brown to remain healthy and productive as a starter. A 35 year old guy - good as he may have been - won't be able to handle McGahee and Brown. The other problem is that he hasn't played a full season since 2001 (really the last time he was productive).

Chads had about 120 tackles over the last 2 years.

While it wasnt a bad pickup, im not scared at all.

Back
Top Bottom