Chad Bumphis & Jonas Gray = more explosive offense | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Bumphis & Jonas Gray = more explosive offense

I think Gray may be carrying too much weight (230) for his 5'9" type frame. Also he is coming back from a serious injury so he has some rust to knock off. As far as Bumphis and his speed, remember, Wes Welker only ran a 4.65 before he came into the NFL. Quickness many times is better then straight line speed. Emmitt Smith was another slow guy when running a 40 but the guy had moves.

Man I'm not sure why we're all about picking apart what Jonas Gray has to do to be better when he gained 76 yards on 11 touches the other night.

I mean I get it, but then again I don't really get it.

He looked pretty fast to me on that 29 yard run, and he didn't seem to have problems shaking would be tacklers in the open field on those swing passes.

If anything the things I was most annoyed with because I know he could do better is once or twice he went down too easily at the end and needed to show more of that power game of his. There was also some mental hesitancy.

But...76 yards on 11 touches. Let's wait until he performs like Daniel Thomas before we start discussing his flaws like Daniel Thomas.

The A. Binns injury may be a blessing for us to really get a good look at the other WRs on the team. I think it was a lock for the 5 WRs to be Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Binns and Matthews. Now with Matthews missing some time, and Binns out for the year, we can let Bumphis, Fuller, McNutt, Davis and the other WRs get a real chance to make the team. I think Bumphis sneaks in as the back up slot WR and Matthews backing Hartline/ Wallace.

Gray should make this team over Thomas, as he shows more explosion even if hes slower than Thomas. I dont think Thomas deserves a roster spot, he needs to get traded or CUT!

The typical argument is look at how Player A performed against 4th string guys. What Gray showed is his ability to hit a hole and power through it. Philbin is not a guy that likes dancers (see Reggie Bush) but loves guys like Miller and Gray. Pick the hole immediately and get through it. Miller does it with speed, Gray is power. A nice balance in the backfield.

I think Gillislee is our power back .Gray might make the PS.as far as Bump goes the spot is there for the taking

I think Bumphis sneaks in as the back up slot WR

I'm going to make the prediction that barring injury, Bumphis is our week 1 starting slot receiver. Gibson admitted that he's just starting to learn the position. Bumphis has a proven history of shredding defenses with big plays from the slot.

I'm going to make the prediction that barring injury, Bumphis is our week 1 starting slot receiver. Gibson admitted that he's just starting to learn the position. Bumphis has a proven history of shredding defenses with big plays from the slot.

That would be interesting if it happened. I would think he'd REALLY have to blow people away to start week 1. I think for Gibson to be bumped between now and then, it would take a lot given what they signed him for. Now that's not to say it couldn't happen at some point. I will reserve judgment until this team plays another exhibition game or two. I remember all too well falling into the "Charles Jordan" trap of being wowed by guys in camp.

Gray ran a faster 40 time at the combine than Thomas. Perhaps allowing the hole to develop rather than running up the OL's rear end made him "look slower" to you.

Don't see how that is possible since neither player ran the 40 at the combine. Gray tore his ACL in November and Thomas was nursing a hamstring injury.

Gray most importantly picked up blitzes well vs Dallas! He will be nice compliment to Miller,thunder and lightening. He isnt explosive but will help wear down a defense and showed nice hands out of backfield

The title of this thread is hilarious.

God I can't wait to the regular season when REAL football is played. Every training camp it's the same thing with proclaiming greatness for players who've proven absolutely nothing in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom