Chad Forbes from NFL DRAFT BITES gives Miami a F (Offseason & Draft) | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Forbes from NFL DRAFT BITES gives Miami a F (Offseason & Draft)

Let's take a step here and again state if you dont like the draft that is fine. Outside of Tua it is not a very sexy draft.

But a draft is not always about the flash. Gotta see how they develop
The sexy draft comes next draft if the Phins decide to give Tua more weapons. I was expecting the trenches to get an influx and try to fix it and they obviously did that.
I get it that some fans havnt rated the draft highly. If we had hit home runs on every pick you would still get a few negative vibe merchants that would complain. Its human nature.

If you quantify pass rush ability by sacks alone then yeah but if you look at his tape from Alabama he often had a very strong ability to push his guy backwards not allowing a quarterback to step up shrinking the pocket forcing inaccurate throws but also having a tremendous wingspan to block passing lanes in front of him. There is a lot of video where he had 4 to 6 hands on him, you’re not gonna have a lot of sacks when you’re constantly doubled and triple teamed.

I think with the talent along the defensive line of Christian Wilkins, Zach Seiler, Emmanuel Ogbah, Shaq Lawson, Godchaux Curtis Weaver etc there will be less opportunity to double-team him and if you do you’re going to free people up to rush the passer. Miami may not have a guy who can get 15 sacks but they do have a bunch of people that can win one on one battles get in the quarterbacks face and force bad throws, throw always and negative plays.
I also see a lot of video where blockers like Damien Lewis are treating him like their little brother. Davis is going to be facing the Damien Lewis's of the NFL on a daily basis. He's not going to be able to take a game or two off...

Despite all the support he's getting for his 2nd round selection, I think we overpaid. Nothing will change my mind about that but his declining play on the field getting back to his freshman year levels.

it's not an F, but when you think about it, we had lots of picks and money and sure ended up with a lot of average players and projects. could have done better. time will show that.
Time will show, I agree. However, several guys look like big deal contributors for 2021. I liked the positions we selected and suspect we will hit on many of these guys.

Back
Top Bottom