Chad Henne Slimming Down?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Henne Slimming Down??

"Having a guy like Chad Pennington, who is solely on the roster to help with the development of Henne"

Really? thats the only reason he is on the roster? :rolleyes: bleacher report lol

Henne has approached this off-season like never before. Sources say Henne, who's listed at a 6'3" 230 frame, has slimmed down to a solid 220.

Henne has completely changed his diet and the way he approaches the weight room and conditioning.

Where did this author hear this???

That's a big deal. A long time ago I wrote, and still believe to this day, that the biggest thing that Chad Henne could do to improve as a QB is to re-vamp his diet and exercise, get lighter on his feet, and learn to be an athlete in addition to an arm. If he learns to breathe easier in the pocket, he could be a tremendous pro.

Must be all that Fillet' he is eating....

BEEF its whats for dinner

I think this could be an awesome thing. I remember a few times last year where he would start to roll out or scramble and he would either be sack, make a terrible throw, throw a pick, or somehow find Camarillo somewhere.

I think those situations improved as the season went on, but if he were quicker I think he would be able to have more time to throw or possibly pick up a couple yards.

I think this could be an awesome thing. I remember a few times last year where he would start to roll out or scramble and he would either be sack, make a terrible throw, throw a pick, or somehow find Camarillo somewhere.

I think those situations improved as the season went on, but if he were quicker I think he would be able to have more time to throw or possibly pick up a couple yards.

I agree, a lot of those half-rolls looked slow to execute and awkward on the throw mechanics. He needs a quicker and more athletic stride and to be able to get his shoulders around more quickly and easily.

Well because throwing is his predominant thing, I look towards pitchers in MLB who trim down and look at their performance. Looking at guys who got themselves into better shape not only saw improved pitches but also had greater endurance and presence on the mound. Henne sounds like he is fully embracing the move to knowing you are the guy and is acting like a professional.

This improvement in his health and conditioning will pay off with big benefits; his core and legs are probably stronger so you will see better and more accurate throws as he has a better foundation to throw on and a quicker stronger release due to improved strength in his core and shoulder.

I know he isnt a low profile guy as many NFL people are all over him but i still think that with Marshall and development of our other WR's and the way in which he is conducting himself Henne could very easily make the jump to elite QB.

Parcells told him to go on a "tuna" diet.

No better predictor in sports of a player making significant improvements than the player eating healthy and getting himself in excellent condition. This is great news.

Yeah thats good news... I think everyone needs to lose a few couple lbs right now.. except pat white.. he needs to be eating with the o-linemen

Last edited by a moderator:
C'mon it'snot a special diet our workout plan, the dude is getting married in a few weeks. Poor guy probably has the runs every night trying to figure out ways to protect his assets from the "WOMAN"....J/k of course!

Back
Top Bottom