Chad Henne: 'We're going to take shots down the field' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Henne: 'We're going to take shots down the field'

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins quarterback Chad Henne has a strong arm and is excited about the team's plans to take shots down the field.
"We're going to take chances down the field -- no doubt about it," said Henne. "That's one of the things we implemented this offseason. We're definitely going to try to get some big plays."

Henne also said having a guy like Brandon Marshall will not only stretch defenses, but will free things up for Davone Bess, Brian Hartline and Greg Camarillo.

"We did need that big-time receiver," Henne said. "But [the other receivers] are all excited that Brandon is here because we could get double-coverage on Brandon and single-coverage on the other guys. So they're excited for the opportunity to get some more balls thrown their way.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dolphins/joerose/2010/05/chad_henne_were_going_to_take.html

no offense but B.M is not a burner..so who are they going to take shots with down field? they barely did that with ginn and it was one of the only things he did well was catch the ball streaking down field!

no offense but B.M is not a burner..so who are they going to take shots with down field? they barely did that with ginn and it was one of the only things he did well was catch the ball streaking down field!

You don't have to be a burner to catch the ball down field. Don't you think Marshall has a distinct size advantage over every db in the game?

oh i agree but if you watched Denver games you would know that E.Royal was the burner and B.Marshall made a lot of plays underneath...my point was usually when u hear someone making plays down field its typically a receiver that can move! we have maybe one in B.Hartline

"Down the field" is not just the 60-yard mega-bombs.
It is also just the 20-25 yard passes, which are then turned into long plays/TDs with YAC (ie, a 30, 40, 50 yard play).

Brandon Marshall can do this exceedingly well....(and Hartline/Camarillo will get more opportunities for these as well with more focus on Marshall).

oat6qr-1.jpg

Any question about Marshall's ability to catch the ball down the field:

Think about that play against us - where he got the bs offensive pass interference call.
Also, think about the play against Dallas.

He has the best ball skills in the NFL - outside of L. Fitzgerald. Anyone doubt that Fitzgerald is a deep threat? Marshall catches more passes underneath because he's the best RAC receiver - probably after A. Johnson.

you left this quote out and it is one that I have been thinking about a lot. You have to believe that it pertains to Patrick Turner too. Someone that I think will surprise some people this year and next.

"Brandon Marshall has been working real hard. He's taking all the young guys under his wing and studying with them and teaching them how to run the routes, how to beat man coverage, how to get off the line of scrimmage. He's been tremendous."

Ginn didnt draw coverage away from anybody. Over the years teams have stacked the box against us because they could man up our receivers and leave only one safety to cover the entire back of the field. Now that we have B.M.; that safety is committed to help out on BM (or get torched 1 on 1 all game long), and bring their other safety out of the box to help with the rest of the recievers.

Demanding that double opens up the run game or the 1 on 1's it creates for our other receivers. And with the emergence of hartline, if they double BM and bring in a guy to stop Ricky and/or Ronnie, he will torch their number 2 corner. and if they are dumb enough to leave BM 1 on 1........... :)
Pick your poison.

oh i agree but if you watched Denver games you would know that E.Royal was the burner and B.Marshall made a lot of plays underneath...my point was usually when u hear someone making plays down field its typically a receiver that can move! we have maybe one in B.Hartline

When you've got a receiver who can catch 21 balls in a game thrown by Kyle Friggin Orten, if the opponents' D's don't blanket him, it's at their own peril.

we know BM is going to produce thats why im looking forward to davone bess with that 1on1 in the slot. its gonna be like moss and welker but with a little twist.

we know BM is going to produce thats why im looking forward to davone bess with that 1on1 in the slot. its gonna be like moss and welker but with a little twist.
Yeah, I've thought that too ... with everyone focusing on Marshall & him ACTUALLY PRODUCING ... Camarillo & Bess are gonna get loose & have a little picnic.

Many have overlooked Camarillo, he was young, then hurt. Think he'll come on big time. We already know Bess has it. Hartline may get it this year too.

Great to have 3-4 receivers rotating in fresh ... & a little TE help would be icing.

Yeah, I've thought that too ... with everyone focusing on Marshall & him ACTUALLY PRODUCING ... Camarillo & Bess are gonna get loose & have a little picnic.

Many have overlooked Camarillo, he was young, then hurt. Think he'll come on big time. We already know Bess has it. Hartline may get it this year too.

Great to have 3-4 receivers rotating in fresh ... & a little TE help would be icing.

Mark it down Greg will do best only 2nd to BM. Everyone forgets about him but trust me after this season people are going to know who Greg is. The guy was not playing 100% do to the injury the season before and still caught everything that came his way.

Mark it down Greg will do best only 2nd to BM. Everyone forgets about him but trust me after this season people are going to know who Greg is. The guy was not playing 100% do to the injury the season before and still caught everything that came his way.

lol..remember a copule of years ago before we played Denver, BMArsh was like "Greg who?", and Cammy had a huge game.

Back
Top Bottom