Chad O Shea The New Oc? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad O Shea The New Oc?

Im okay with Oshea if they bring in Caldwell as is speculated. Caldwell is the dude with HC and OC experience, a wealth of knowledge. That's key.
The worst thing is an inexperienced dude on duty who is trying to figure it out on the fly, and the whole organization relying on him to figure it out, and wasting everyone's time.

Unless his contract is up.
Teams can only block a coach from interviewing with another team for a position that would be a lateral move, they can't stop them from interviewing for a position that would be a promotion. The Pats could keep him but would have to promote him to OC to block the interview and that ain't happenin

Teams can only block a coach from interviewing with another team for a position that would be a lateral move, they can't stop them from interviewing for a position that would be a promotion. The Pats could keep him but would have to promote him to OC to block the interview and that ain't happenin

I believe they can block him unless it’s for a head coaching job. That doesn’t mean they will, it just means they could. I believe I read that the 49ers allowed one of their assistant coaches to go to the Broncos to be their offensive coordinator but could have blocked him from going even though it was a promotion.

i actually like this. He has been the Pats WR coach for 10 years now, and was expected to be their OC until McDaniels came back from Belichicking Indy. I'm sure O'Shea will be fired up to show his worth, and being able to use Caldwell as a resource is very exciting.

I watched an interview with him a few weeks ago where he was asked about how he feels about skill position players and getting players that fit into his offense. His response was "our goal as an offensive is to put all of our skill position players in the best place to succeed and utilize their advantages as individuals"

That to me speaks volumes. It tells me that, a lot like the "Patriots way", we are going to work on exploiting weaknesses and advantages on a game by game basis, and figure out our best matchup as opposed to putting in a "system" and hoping it works.
Everyone says this.

Sounds like deja vu, only this time it's not a defensive coordinator it's offense.

Is this the 1st time a coach has left NE and actually got other cosches to follow? I cant recall it happening before.

If he calls a 5 yard bubble screen, I will lose my sh*t :(
The Patriots are one of the teams that call the most screens in the NFL. You're going to definitely see more screens with the Patriots offense. But O'Shea is the guy who schemed those open so well for the Patriots.

The Patriots are one of the teams that call the most screens in the NFL. You're going to definitely see more screens with the Patriots offense. But O'Shea is the guy who schemed those open so well for the Patriots.
They run a lot of screens, but I don't know about that it's more than Gases cluster fest. They run mainly rubs, and thinly disguised "picks" to get those quick throws open.

It requires precision option routes, and a QB that quickly reads post snap. Works like a charm if you can pull it off.

I've seen comments about how the Pats receivers are always open, and that defenses play off, instead of bumping at the LOS. That's where the scheme comes in. For example, if you run trips, with one receiver off the line, and the D-backs play close, they will get in each others way, and a receiver will pop open. A good QB sees this before it even happens.

Sounds like deja vu, only this time it's not a defensive coordinator it's offense.
Oh Patrick Graham, the guy they say will be the DC, has never been a defensive coordinator either. So first time head coach with a first time OC and a first time DC...is there any reason we shouldn't have a top 10 pick next year?

Back
Top Bottom