Chad O Shea The New Oc? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad O Shea The New Oc?

Personally, I read that as 31st is the lowest ranking in franchise history, not the actual lowest average yards. It's a different NFL today. I'd be willing to bet most teams in the 70s didn't average 289 per
I had to read it 2x to make sure of what it was saying. I had the same thought - that even our 1960’s expansion era teams averaged more yards, nevermind the 70’s or the early 80’s where we were good but low scoring. It’s hard to believe we were this inept in today’s NFL where teams often have 300 yards by halftime.

Excited to see what he can do with Grant, Wilson, Stills and Gesicki

More than that, I'm very excited to see what he does with Drake and Ballage (and interested to see what happens w Gore).

Drake could have a James White role early on where he has 10 catches a game. Ballage (or Gore, or a mid-late round pick) will likely be the ground and pound guy when we want to play old school football.

Either way, I'm excited for the possibilities.

This part made me want to puke:

“The Dolphins finished 31st on offense last season, averaging 289.9 yards per game. That was the lowest ranking in franchise history.”

In today’s NFL that almost impossible. You’re telling me that our David Woodley led offenses where we won games 12-6 averaged more yards? What about the 1-15 season? I could go on. How is this even possible? Perhaps that’s average yards net of penalty yards?

Caldwell and O’Shea > Gase and Loggains - book it. LOL @ the Jets.
I'm guessing he meant the 31st ranking not the yardage totals. Remember, Back in the Shula days they didn't always even have 32 teams!

Back
Top Bottom