Chad O'Shea and Patrick Graham meet with the media | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad O'Shea and Patrick Graham meet with the media

don't make excuses. yeah, the talent is lacking, but so are our coordinators abilities to scheme/play call a sack here and a chunk play there. now all we need is the "nothing to see here" crowd to tell us they don't want to show their hand until next year.
We don't have any hands to show. We're an expansion team right now.

Chad O'Shea is a genius. I really can't believe some of the plays we're running and how guys are just ridiculously open. If our line could block, we would have easy first downs all day.

Patrick Graham? Hasn't really shown me anything. Then again, our pass rush may be the worst it has ever been in the history of the franchise.

don't make excuses. yeah, the talent is lacking, but so are our coordinators abilities to scheme/play call a sack here and a chunk play there. now all we need is the "nothing to see here" crowd to tell us they don't want to show their hand until next year.
I would think the two deep passes by Rosen last week would be considered designed chunk plays.

I don't think many are fans are in the "not showing their hand" frame of mind, but you can't ignore the fact that the "hand" they have been dealt is pretty weak. You don't go all in with off suit 3-7 hole cards, and you don't employ exotic defenses when your players are not up to the task.

Nobody knows if these coordinators are able to game plan/play call successfully, or not. We simply don't have the players (primarily on offense), and even if we did, haven't had the time to teach the concepts in depth (particularly on defense).

Coming into the season, there was overwhelming support for, if not outright "tanking" (an expression I don't like), at least a complete ground up rebuild. Now a lot of those same ppl are bitching and moaning about how it was done. I'm not sure exactly what they expected to go down. Did they expect to "look good" losing? Did they expect to secure the top pick on 3 point losses? Did they expect 2 completely new, and complex systems to be installed, with everyone on the same page in TC?

When you go down the path we did, a path I agree with, you have to be willing to give it some time. You have to be willing to fold on those off suit 3-7 hands, and wait for the pocket aces to come.

Guess what though. There are go guarantees. I've lost quite a few hands with pocket aces, but you still have to bet them when they come along.

Chad O'Shea is a genius. I really can't believe some of the plays we're running and how guys are just ridiculously open. If our line could block, we would have easy first downs all day.

Patrick Graham? Hasn't really shown me anything. Then again, our pass rush may be the worst it has ever been in the history of the franchise.
I'm not sold on Graham at this point either, but I think Flores is quite involved in that side of the ball.

I believe it takes longer to install a defense of this complexity, because they are teaching players to do things, and see things differently than anything they have done before.

Everyone gets a pass with Flores this year, but I do want to see better strategies installed going forward on both sides of the ball...

Every coach takes 3 games to get there new system down. Anytime a system changes itll be the 4th game until everyone's on the same page. The off season is just way to short now. I think we will start to look decent after the bye. We will probably squeeze out 2 wins.

Back
Top Bottom