Chad O'shea On Qb: Still In The Evaluation Process | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad O'shea On Qb: Still In The Evaluation Process

Daniel Jones is hot ****ing trash mixed with dumpster juice.

Why becasue he played bad against FSU (didn't watch)?

Dude is projected to go in the first according to the college advisory committee or some s***, I'll take their word over yours or any other finheaven "expert" that also thinks Murray's size won't affect him at the next level lol.

They should draft Murray and keep Tannehill. Give Murray a year on the bench and play Tannehill then cut him next year if he sucks. Financially makes much more sense, I believe instead of giving up a pick + player for Brissett

This wouldn't upset me at all.

Murray is special and would be a great value @ 13, hopefully he can become the FIRST QB IN NFL HISTORY under 5 '10 tall and have great success with us, but I wouldn't want to trade up.

Haskins sounds like the best QB in the draft from what I've heard/read.

Last edited:
Why becasue he played bad against FSU (didn't watch)?

Dude is projected to go in the first according to the college advisory committee or some s***, I'll take their word over yours or any other finheaven "expert" that also thinks Murray's size won't affect him at the next level lol.

1. What does Murray have to do with Jones not being good?

2. I've seen 3 games of his...he is not a good QB, he is at best a 3rd rounder.

3. You don't have to agree with me or anyone else. We are all allowed to have our opinions on players.

1. What does Murray have to do with Jones not being good?

2. I've seen 3 games of his...he is not a good QB, he is at best a 3rd rounder.

3. You don't have to agree with me or anyone else. We are all allowed to have our opinions on players.

1. Just pointing out how silly it is of people to dismiss Murray's height being a factor at the next level, Jones obviously does not have that problem.

2/3. Fair points, just pointing out how professionals who tell kids where they expect them to be drafted, should hold far more weight than any of the armchair GM's on this site. Daniel Jones has a first round grade on him according to the experts.

Daniel jones stock was down after the senior bowl showing. arm stood out in a negative way on drive throw asks.

odd to have that almost ideal frame and have that average an arm

Daniel jones stock was down after the senior bowl showing. arm stood out in a negative way on drive throw asks.

odd to have that almost ideal frame and have that average an arm

Good, hope he falls to the second round and we can get a steal (and more importantly a Dukie!!!).

ive got my eyes on eric McCoy in the 2nd. although I feel like to go mult fronts poa/size wise we gonna need to invest all 3 top picks in the d line and likely the way they lean barring qb

Good, hope he falls to the second round and we can get a steal (and more importantly a Dukie!!!).
He seems strikingly similar to Tannehill on a bad day to me. Perhaps a late round developmental pick, but I don’t see any significant upgrades from Tannehill with him to warrant a high pick or be the QB of the future. That of course is all based on very limited viewing of his play, so I will freely acknowledge I could be very wrong about him and just haven’t seen enough video.

He seems strikingly similar to Tannehill on a bad day to me. Perhaps a late round developmental pick, but I don’t see any significant upgrades from Tannehill with him to warrant a high pick or be the QB of the future. That of course is all based on very limited viewing of his play, so I will freely acknowledge I could be very wrong about him and just haven’t seen enough video.

Dude I don't watch college football at all, just college basketball (much better if you're a Duke fan lol).

He does have some appealing traits though like his size and speed, and obviously intelligence (goes without saying), there's a reason the college advisory committee gave him a first round grade.

I would be THRILLED with him in the second round, which is very possible if Murray goes before 13 and we take a defensive stud (great class for that from what I've heard).

It's time to address the QB position for real, even the craziest Tannehill supporters like myself can acknowledge that.

The more research they do on Kyler Murray, the more teams will be particularly impressed by THAT specific area of evaluation.

So long as the teams satisfy themselves that he won't run off to baseball, they'll find out how much work he put in back in high school and in college, how much of a leader he was to his offensive teammates, the way he led the quarterback meetings and was on top of everything. Kirk Herbstreit has talked about this some, Murray is going to blow them away on the white board and such. And when the teams start interviewing teammates from high school and college they'll find out the incredibly high standards he imposes on them for performance, how much he takes them to task even in practice for screwups.

That's going to be the thing that makes Miami fall in love. The question is whether they will feel they have the ammunition to force the issue, especially if the Cardinals or Raiders are after him.

We're still early in the process, but for a long time now I've been in the camp that expects him to be a top 10 pick if he convinces people he will play football not baseball. I think most GM's and talent evaluators are already there, just not confirming it quite yet. Some will have durability, size or other issues, but QB's are always in demand, and someone will fall in love and draft him in the top 10.

I'm of the mind we should tank--and I realize you are not CK--but to me, Kyler Murray doesn't change the equation. IMHO, he's the only QB in this draft I like, but I still wouldn't draft him. Stay the course, reboot this thing, get us a bunch of good draft picks and let Coach Flores build his system with his guys from the ground up. Don't short-circuit this by playing for the now with some desperation play to be good today at the expense of possibly being great tomorrow. Jimmy Johnson once said, "Good is the enemy of great." … or something like that.

The only "evaluation" being done by the coaching staff is how much they can get for him in a trade. Tannehill is too good of a QB to successfully tank if he's healthy. I know he is hated on here, but that's the fact, the guy is better than a lot of people think. If we can get resources for him, by all means, get them! But it will take a long time to exhaust our options to know if we can get something for him, so they need to say something to buy time. If we can't get anything for him, they will release him and save the salary cap space, and allow us to get our very own Curtis Painter type QB, who will ensure we tank successfully.

We guaranteed 4 years of Coach Flores salary as a signal that we will give him 3 years post-tank. We're tanking. That means we're not keeping Tannehill or drafting Kyler Murray or Drew Lock or any other 1st round QB.

This wouldn't upset me at all.

Murray is special and would be a great value @ 13, hopefully he can become the FIRST QB IN NFL HISTORY under 5 '10 tall and have great success with us, but I wouldn't want to trade up.

Haskins sounds like the best QB in the draft from what I've heard/read.

I didn’t watch much OSU but

Haskins was all out Crap against PSU and if it weren’t for all the missed tackles they would have lost easily - from what I saw I saw Haskins just doesn’t have the mojo he missed open guys and relied on the short throws too much - yes the YAC carries him in that game but what about the other games??

Back
Top Bottom