Chad Pennington to be on Sirius NFL Radio | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Pennington to be on Sirius NFL Radio

NorthFLPhin

Starter
Reaction score
Just heard them talking about it, he'll be on sometime between 11:15 and 3. I'm posting from my phone so I won't really be able to give a recap, sorry.

It was a short call but here's the recap.

Chad's been training just had a new baby boy last Saturday. Talked about his foundation for a few minutes.

On to football……..

Realized in the 1st 2 weeks that last years team could be a good team. Says the team just needed some veteran leadership.

Although most people think he would know the playbook right off the bat, since he worked with Dan Henning before, he was actually learning plays in practice as they would go. They would call plays during the pre season games that he had never ran.

The team knows last year doesn't do anything for this year. They need to work harder to make this another successful year. He's willing to do whatever it takes to make his teammates better. If they need to stay longer to get things down the right way he has no problem with that.

Asked if he was disappointed with the team not going after Coles….cell dropped. Got him right back on the line.

Chad's stance is, if he's asked his opinion he'll give but it's the front office job to decide what is best for the team and he won't step out of line just to try and get someone signed. Trust the F/O decisions.

Talked about instability at the qb position in light of the whole Jay Cutler situation. Says that teams that are contenders are the ones with a stable qb situation.

Last year was the most enjoyable year for Chad. From day 1 the team accepted him as their leader. The young guys were eager and willing to learn.

Talked about the win over the Jest last game of the season. The 1st game was more emotional then the last. Said he would have played LB in the 1st game he was so mad. He would have lined up at the 50 yard line and fought if he could. Funny stuff. The focus on the last game was to make history and make the playoffs. There was no individual goals in that game just wanted to get the W and move on to the playoffs.

Good interview. Nothing to revealing but it's always nice to hear your QB talk about having another good year.

Back
Top Bottom