Chad Pennington wants another shot in Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Pennington wants another shot in Miami

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Against a widespread belief that Dolphins quarterback Chad Pennington's two-year tenure in Miami is over, the two-time NFL comeback player of the year isn't ready to say the same. Pennington wants to stay in South Florida.

The veteran has decided to make it his priority to stay with the Dolphins, even if it means backing up quarterback Chad Henne, two sources said this week. The Dolphins are willing to entertain the possibility under some circumstances.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/02/04/1461816/pennington-wants-another-shot.html

I want him back too.....behind Henne,is nothing but dreadful nightmares waiting to happen....

Willing to back-up? As long as he's healthy, that's great. :up:

having Pennington on this team makes Henne alot better, Pennington is the type of guy who will help Henne out and not be spiteful because hes the backup. Hes not Joey Porter...

Just cut White or Thigpen and let Chad P backup Henne.

if Pennington signs i wouldnt be surprised to see Pat White moved to another position before we get rid of him. Thigpen is a capable backup, White hasnt proved to be one. So if i had to pick between the 2 id go with Thigpen as #3.

This guys is a true Pro, class act, and has the type of attitude that every player in the locker room can learn from. Bringing him back as a backup is a no brainer in my opinion.

having Pennington on this team makes Henne alot better, Pennington is the type of guy who will help Henne out and not be spiteful because hes the backup. Hes not Joey Porter...

Excellent point... Pennington will be like another Qb coach to Henne...

i mean why not? Pennington WANTS to play here and he would be a GREAT backup to Henne. Who else out there would be better? I cant think of any. Do we really want to see Pat White as the backup?

Re-sign Chad P., keep Thigpen as a #3 and move Pat White to WR/KR and the Fins would have one of the strongest 1-3 QB corps in the league.

I remember an interview after a game and Henne said Pennington had already broke down the film for the next game. That's the kind of players I want on our team. He is a true leader and has so much left to give as a teammate.

Besides, I would much rather have Pennington come in behind Henne over White and Thigpen. In the event that either had to become a starter, any playoffs hopes next year would end.

We've got the R & R Express at RB with Ricky and Ronnie. What would Chad and Chad be?

I know Pennington would be backup, but if Henne was having a bad game or something, Pennington could come in and lead us to victory.[hopefully]

Back
Top Bottom