Chambers permanently in the slot? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers permanently in the slot?

PassRush

Drunken Sailor
Reaction score
Chambers was used a bit in the slot the last few years in certain situations and did pretty well. Assuming David Boston can stay healthy, is it possible he could be there from now on in all three wide formations? It seems that, especialy in a wide open Lienhan offense, our quarterbacks first option being in the slot could be very potent. Thoughts?

The main reason he was in the slot was because we had nobody else who could do a good job there. At least that was the word out of Dolphins camp. The team preferred he stay outside.

This year, who knows. All depends on what Scott Linehan and Charlie Baggett want in their slot man. Jerry Sullivan preferred smaller guys who took smaller steps and were quick in and out of their cuts.

I don't mind if he plays the slot a bit but I would like to see him stay to the outside more.

I see Chambers and Booker (the speed demond and the possession guy) on the outsides with a healthy David Boston in the slot, who will give nickel backs a complete fit.

Damn, we have a good set of 3 recievers.

I am worried about Boston playing in the slot because he is so injury prone, and going over the middle you take alot of shots. My only concern would be that Chambers is least effective over the middle. I see Boston being better wide because he has the ability to tear off press coverage with all that upper body strength and break away up field quickly.

Also, splitting Randy out there to the slot from "standard" sets also causes matchup problems. Gets Randy on a LB out in space.

Man, the 3-wide + Randy has to get you fired up.

Ronnie Brown could also give us another toy to use. This guy could split out wide at Auburn and wreak havoc.

Chambers | Booker | Boston | McMichael | Brown

That's a dangerous bunch on passing downs.

linehan will find ways to get chambers the ball...i think he will have chambers, booker, and boston play all positions...we have a lot of weapons and linehan will get everybody the ball...if ricky comes back, he will probably have ronnie brown and ricky in the backfield at the same time...we now have a real offensive coordinator who will attack the defense...

Muck said:
Also, splitting Randy out there to the slot from "standard" sets also causes matchup problems. Gets Randy on a LB out in space.

Ronnie Brown could also give us another toy to use. This guy could split out wide at Auburn and wreak havoc.

If Feeley has protection, and he may not with our talent base.

PassRush said:
I am worried about Boston playing in the slot because he is so injury prone, and going over the middle you take alot of shots.

I don't worry about that part. Boston's plenty thick and strong. The part I worry about is the sharp cuts he'd have to make. With ACL and patella tendon tears on his resume (and still recovering), I cringe.

Muck said:
I don't worry about that part. Boston's plenty thick and strong. The part I worry about is the sharp cuts he'd have to make. With ACL and patella tendon tears on his resume (and still recovering), I cringe.
I don't even see Boston as our third receiver really.

Megatron said:
I don't even see Boston as our third receiver really.

By the end of the year, he could easily be. I have my doubts as to whether or not he's healthy enough to play early on. We'll see.

I think Thompson can make noise in this offense. But Boston's proven that he can dominate.

Boston Will Be In The Slot Cause He Is Big And He Is Great After The Catch If Healthy D-bo Can Have A Great Year.

Muck said:
By the end of the year, he could easily be. I have my doubts as to whether or not he's healthy enough to play early on. We'll see.

I think Thompson can make noise in this offense. But Boston's proven that he can dominate.
I see Boston being used sparingly throughout the year. He will create matchup problems, but he's gonna have to fight for playing time.

Muck said:

:yes: I'm so excited with all these passing options and Scott Linehan as our Offensive Coordinator. I would most likely like to see Chambers in the slot, if not Chambers than Boston. I would like our WR Core to be:

WR1- Chris Chambers
WR2
- Marty Booker
WR3
- David Boston
WR4
- Derrius Thompson
WR5
- Bryan Gilmore/Kendall Newson/Josh Davis (in that order)
WR6- Wes Welker (For Special Teams purposes only)

I don't expect us to start 3 WR's and no FB, but I expect us to use a lot of 3WR sets. I would like to have Chambers the slot with Booker possibly as the flanker on the right and Boston the left or even vice versa. And throw Randy McMichael and DAMN! I can't remember the last time we ever had so many receiving threats!!! One thing I do know though is... I'M PUMPED :rawk:

Back
Top Bottom