Championships are built with the draft. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Championships are built with the draft.

marino2duper73

Active Roster
Reaction score
Besides getting proven players with heart and passion, Championships are built from the draft. Obviously, since that's the method that NFL teams choose to acquire the best collegiate football players...

No seriously...We all know that having SEVERAL successful draft years builds a LONG-TERM winner in the NFL. Doesn't matter what round, what college....It matters WHY a player is picked. JaMarcus Russel was picked by Oakland because he was who EVERYONE ELSE said was the best player. Well, and also because Al Davis was on Hooch and Ripple...The point is...our FO needs to show their HEART...and pick the players that WANT TO WIN! THAT HAVE THE HEART! I don't care about a guy's 40 time. I don't care about a guy's standing long jump. I care that he is the best fit for what my team needs at that player's position.

Remember when we were all kids, and we would try to force a puzzle piece into a spot it didn't go? There are kids that would take the time to evaluate each piece until the right one fit...and there are the kids that throw a fit when they can't find the piece because they aren't thinking about the pieces around the open space. Then, there's the kid who just says: "I peed myself.".

The point is...Miami has to build around the draft and what pieces of the puzzle it needs. Maybe Peyton Manning ISN'T worth a truckload of money compared to the value of getting more money to draft picks and other pieces. Miami was 6-3 with Matt Moore. Who says with simply a WR and QB from the draft, this team will be ready THE RIGHT WAY WITH THE RIGHT PLAYERS?!?

Marino was a late 1st rounder in 1983. Elway....Kelly.....O'Brien....all considered successful QBs. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. 'Nuff said. The DRAFT is where it happens, FIN FANS! Free agency will have its highs and lows...but we have a HC that was part of a WINNING franchise. Part of a WINNING organization. With a SUE-PUH BOLE ring that he contributed to immensely. I have faith that we will draft well, and we will be making deals and moving all over the place draft day.

Get pumped, FIN FANS! The draft is where it will be at, no matter what we do in FA. Remember, before we knew Peyton Manning was being released, admit it....most of us were thinking Matt Flynn, Matt Moore, or RGIII or Tannehill or Osweiller in the draft..maybe even Kellen Moore....

Breathe...... Da' Fishes Ain't Da Bishes anymore! Could be worse....we could have Mark Sanchez.:lol:

Year one we needed guard, tackle, te, wr, qb, olb, nt, fs, cb.. Year 5 we need guard, tackle, te, wr, qb, nt, olb, fs, cb,, ss. Yep we are building alright.

Year one we needed guard, tackle, te, wr, qb, olb, nt, fs, cb.. Year 5 we need guard, tackle, te, wr, qb, nt, olb, fs, cb,, ss. Yep we are building alright.
Point One we had a different coach and staff. Point two we have a different coach and staff.

No really...our needs this year are what? You named ten positions of need. I hate to tell you...but there are always needs on a football team. Even Green Bay, New York, and New England alll have needs at several positions. You mind as well start in 1966 as Year One and end with 2012 as Year 56, because when we had Marino, we needed a running back for 17 years and never got one.

Hmmm....we need a FB too...How come you didn't mention that? No Polite last year, no third/fourth and short conversions...

If you are going to contradict for the sake of contradicting....give my post the respect and thought that I put into writing. No cutting in line! oh...go Dolphins!

Totally agree we need to build through draft. Our main problem has been at QB and a lack of quality depth, which comes from drafting well in later rounds.

If you look at the Packers roster, it is full of players they drafted along with very few FA signings.

Maybe Ross & Ireland have thought new coaching staff, start again and lets finally build through draft........I hope so!

This is the draft to do it. It's a very deep draft and if i was Miami trade back and grab a extra second and fourth.
We also have a lot of money to still spend also.

If we trade back we could have a
1st
2nd
2nd
3rd
3rd
4th
4th
5th
6th
7th
7th

That's a ton of picks in a good draft and on top of that money to spend. We are in good shape!

Back
Top Bottom