Chan Gailey New OC? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chan Gailey New OC?

He was here during the Wannstedt years as I remember for a couple years, and maybe Pittsburgh after that?
I think he gets a bad rap for his Head Coaching record with Buffalo, but seems to have done alright as coordinator elsewhere.

Totally uninspiring. Chan Gailey?? Why get this relic out of retirement? The offense, with no run game and a poor o-line just burned the Patriots in their house. So what do we do? We take the bright young OC that has his unit improving and replace him with a guy from the distant past. All I can think is that he's here to fix the running game and the o-line.

Flores has stated he wants a physical team. So with lack of run game lately, this was probably someone he wanted to bring that aspect back.

Ok but he is just as guilty not using and trading the only RB usable
One with a career high 4yd average and running grocery store baggers out there

Tough sell. Fire the young OC with upside and who actually fielded a pretty good offense the latter half of year for the fossilized corpse of a Chan Gailey?

Yeah I agree.

But if this hire is true, than what was the talk about protecting their asst. quarterbacks coach, Eric Schulplinski, from getting poached by Josh McDaniels? I figured he would be promoted, making it more difficult for McDaniels to poach him.

I was not impressed with him when he was the Dolphin OC back at the turn of the century and I am not impressed with the hire now. With so many younger and more innovative offensive football minds in the game today, bringing back an OC who retired from the league two years ago makes no sense to me.

I guess this means we can say goodbye to Shuplinski because he will likely be hired to be the OC of any team McDaniel‘s becomes the head coach of.

Yeah I agree.

But if this hire is true, than what was the talk about protecting their asst. quarterbacks coach, Eric Schulplinski, from getting poached by Josh McDaniels? I figured he would be promoted, making it more difficult for McDaniels to poach him.

Flores not liking sharing spotlight ?

Ok but he is just as guilty not using and trading the only RB usable
One with a career high 4yd average and running grocery store baggers out there
I don’t think even drake would of done well here this season. I like drake but I really don’t miss him
all that much. We will see what direction they take on a RB come draft/FA.

Not sugar coating this, this is a terrible hire. Guy who's been out of the league for 4 years, and was never very good in the first place. What are you doing, Flores?
I'm starting to think there was never a plan in place. So we are going with grandpa which likes to run, pound the ball.

Totally uninspiring. Chan Gailey?? Why get this relic out of retirement? The offense, with no run game and a poor o-line just burned the Patriots in their house. So what do we do? We take the bright young OC that has his unit improving and replace him with a guy from the distant past. All I can think is that he's here to fix the running game and the o-line.
I get what your saying. Not that I'm headstrong against Gailey; but like you, I was pleased with the overall performance of the offense, despite the lack of a running game. I thought O'shea did fine, especially in the second half of the season, and thought he would be here to continue growing with the team.

Eric Schulplinski remains under contract with us. Unless he’s offered a head coaching gig somewhere, we can block any request to interview him for a position (yes, even for offensive coordinator). The stuff about us firing O’Shea in order to keep Schulplinski in the fold never made any sense.

I don’t think even drake would of done well here this season. I like drake but I really don’t miss him
all that much. We will see what direction they take on a RB come draft/FA.

No I get the OL situation but still made zero sense to run those other guys out there before him
At least he had a chance to get lucky and break one
The other guys....no chance

Back
Top Bottom