• Nope, he will be taken already

Votes: 162 83.9%
  • YES and I would draft him at #18

Votes: 27 14.0%
  • YES and I would NOT draft him at #18

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd take him at 18 even if we take Chase at 6. He'd be BPA by far. Fuller is on a prove it deal, Parker can't stay healthy, and none of the other WRs on the roster have much of a long term outlook.

I doubt he makes it though. If we end up taking Pitts then my hope is that Smith or Waddle drop far enough to move up from 18.

I have to think the weight issue is a fan thing and not something the NFL gms are dwelling on. People knew Smith was thin in December and January when he was dominating games and winning the Heisman. It's not like he just lost all this weight in the last few weeeks. Smith the football player hasn't changed, it's just that some fans have had too much time on their hands are creating issues where there really should be none. I'm not saying Smith is a lock to be a top 10 pick, but if a team had him high on their board in January I would think he's still high on the board today. I really doubt you will see many plays where you're left saying Smith didn't make that play because he's 170 or 175, but if he were 185 he makes the play. As for getting injured, Miami fans should know big wrs like Parker and Williams are at just as muchof a risk of getting injured as thin wrs.

Last edited:
I get that Chase is generally considered wide receiver #1.

But the weight issue for Smith seems so overplayed to me. His game is fantastic and he has proven to be physical.

If Smith does start dropping out of the top 10, Miami should start making phone calls and try to move up.

I don't think he will, but I sure hope Smith does slip to #18. Pitts at #6 and Smith at #18? Shwiiiiiiiiiiiiiing! :-) :)
Your dreams may come true Smith is predicted to drop mainly weight concerns.
Many don't realize just how skinny Smith is. Smith weighed in at 170lbs @ 6-1, which puts him 15lbs lighter than the next lighter receiver listed at 5-9 185lbs.

But the weight issue for Smith seems so overplayed to me.

Overplayed is an understatement.

It shouldn’t be played at all. There’s not a single ounce of justification for it. Not from his play on the field for 4 seasons, his durability during all that time in the SEC, and the fact that there’s no precedent for slim players not cutting it because they are slim.

Bunch of made up nonsense is all it is.

Smith’s NFL future will rely strictly on his skill set and fit with whatever team and QB he ends up with. And his learning and development, of course.

The frequency that his name is incorrectly typed is flat out embarrassing. When its combined with another players name it just seems ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom