• Nope, he will be taken already

Votes: 162 83.9%
  • YES and I would draft him at #18

Votes: 27 14.0%
  • YES and I would NOT draft him at #18

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Smith is in play at 8 to Carolina, 11 to the Giants, and 12 to Philly so I doubt he drops all the way to 18.

The big question I have at 18 is what do we do if we are looking at a high end offensive lineman that has dropped too us or a cornerback like Jaycee Horn. Do we actually follow BPA or do we trade back for value. That is the biggest question to me.
I feel that as a rebuilding, young team we should take the absolute best player available.
We could use a playmaker in every area.

I can't see it happening. At some point before the draft he'll have a weigh in, either privately or publicly. Some team will be convinced and draft him before #18. The only question for the kid is his weight. He has elite skills, and if he can handle the physical nature of the NFL, remain durable, beat press coverage and generally hold up physically ... Smith will become a star. Opinions will differ on him, but no way he lasts to #18, because a GM who is sold on him swoops in and picks him before #18.
I believe it’s a non issue kid was never hurt

If you look at what traits have correlated with WR success they are generally not the measurables that get talked about by many here. IMO the reason that so many WRs that are taken high are less successful than some taken earlier is b/c of the focus on size and speed.

I find that far and away the physical traits that most predict NFL success are hands and route running. Jefferson excelled as a rookie b/c he was arguably the best route runner and he had great hands. He was in no way a physical freak. The mental traits that matters most are work ethic and drive. Antonio Brown was a head case, but he was also the best WR in the league for several years b/c he was driven and had an insane work ethic. He didn't have elite size or speed, but he did have elite quickness. The one measurable that I do find consistently suggests NFL success is length. Anybody who has played keep away with an older, taller sibling understands how frustrating it is to face somebody with more length. Even that measurable is limited b/c it depends on hands, body control, catch radius, technique, etc. Our own Devante Parker always had a great wingspan, but he took that step up when his technique improved.

Smith is elite in all of these traits. IMO anybody that is betting against his NFL success doesn't understand football.
moment he hits that weight scale and the weight scale shows that it weights more than he does then yes..

Its because when we drafted Tua, we inherited so many Alabama fans, saying even obvious assessments about Alabama prospects makes them go on full attack mode.

Notice no one said anything about Smiths talent level. Only that his slight frame could lead to him struggling to off thd line of scrimmage. If true, this means he's not a true #1, hence not worth the #6 pick and the possibility he is the player that free falls in this draft.

There is always one shocking faller, Smith is 100% a candidate. Not working out hurt him IMO. Makes it looks like he's hiding his size.
Right, we should draft the WR that handled the press better than anyone else last year. Any idea who that was?

Right, we should draft the WR that handled the press better than anyone else last year. Any idea who that was?
Bateman?
I think he will fall way below many Dolphins fans perception....Waddle will go before him and his size and unknown speed due to unwillingness to test will be the factors.
Saw a mock yesterday where Chase, Waddle and Bateman went before Smith.

Would love to see us grab Pitts at 6, and then use one of our 2nd round picks or a 3rd and grab Smith/Waddle or possibly Parsons. Need to come out of the draft with 1-2 impact offensive players, a RB, and a LB who can rush and cover. We have a pair of 1‘s and 2’s to make it happen. Plus we have extra firsts the next two years as well so we have ammo in the future.

Back
Top Bottom