Chance to get it right, my thought.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chance to get it right, my thought..

my 2 cents

my 2 cents
Reaction score
I hae posted many times before that a major concern is that this organization has relied on a person instead of an organizational structure....OK if Nick decides to pack it in, we get a chance to change this organization or actually give this franchise some organization....please do not hire a guy and give them complete control again.....my vote....do whatever it takes to get Scott Pioli, hire Ron Wolfe either as a high powered consultant or employee as VP, and hire a YOUNG up and coming coach to a LONG TERM deal...my vote Josh McDaniels the Pats OC and QB coach...very under the radar and will be a star...and this team will take 3-5 years to be a SB contender IMHO....

I like everything you say there except maybe McDaniels, simply because I know nothing about him. But we definitely need to have a coach, whether it's Saban or not, and a GM, one person should not get sole authority.

mmmmm....

i dont know. if we try to completely rework the team again, which a new outside coach would. it would be another 3 years before we were a contender. i honestly feel, with a 100% healthy culpepper we could make a serious run next year with not a lot of changes. therefore hiring him would not be good, it would definately send jason and zach into retirement or free agency. so i think if coach leaves, we should seriously look at dom capers or mularkey. that would be the only way we could keep it going, that system and the team would not change much. i vote for capers or mularkey.

Why would you want to keep going what we have? What we have really isn't very good. I wouldn't object to keeping Capers as DC, but Mularkey...ay, mi cabeza...

Good post. I'd go looking for Pioli and Weis, let Weis bring in his own offensive guys. Weis is the offensive genius this team is in need of. I'd offer a long term contract to Capers to make him comfortable here in Miami. I'd also try to keep Mueller on staff but if Pioli comes in that might be next to impossible.

i dont know. if we try to completely rework the team again, which a new outside coach would. it would be another 3 years before we were a contender. i honestly feel, with a 100% healthy culpepper we could make a serious run next year with not a lot of changes. therefore hiring him would not be good, it would definately send jason and zach into retirement or free agency. so i think if coach leaves, we should seriously look at dom capers or mularkey. that would be the only way we could keep it going, that system and the team would not change much. i vote for capers or mularkey.

But no one knowns if and when Daunte will ever be 100% again. He's gonna be 30 come the regular season; even if he is healed, how long does he really have left to play top-flight football?

But no one knowns if and when Daunte will ever be 100% again. He's gonna be 30 come the regular season; even if he is healed, how long does he really have left to play top-flight football?

That is the question isn't it? We must draft a QB and sign the best Free agent we can just in case...

It's almost as if we didn't learn our lesson with Ricky. We once again depended on 1 person to bring our team to success. Saban has complete control, which was a mistake from the start. So yes, we do need an organizational change. I wouldn't be suprised to see Saban return with his GM powers stripped; maybe it's too much for him to handle.

This can be a playoff team next season and here's how. Hire Chan Gailey as the HC. and before you all start laughing, here are my reasons. 1) He is an offensive mind and actually made Kordell Stewart and Jay Fiedler look decent.
2) He and Mike Mularky worked together in Pittsburgh together and Mularky used his system there after Gailey left for Dallas, which means more continuity, the only difference is Gailey is more aggresive. And we all know he would keep Dom Capers because again, they worked together in Pittsburgh. Then he must make sure and draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round and go with Culpepper and Lemon and have them battle it out in camp.

This can be a playoff team next season and here's how. Hire Chan Gailey as the HC. and before you all start laughing, here are my reasons. 1) He is an offensive mind and actually made Kordell Stewart and Jay Fiedler look decent.
2) He and Mike Mularky worked together in Pittsburgh together and Mularky used his system there after Gailey left for Dallas, which means more continuity, the only difference is Gailey is more aggresive. And we all know he would keep Dom Capers because again, they worked together in Pittsburgh. Then he must make sure and draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round and go with Culpepper and Lemon and have them battle it out in camp.
Ah, so what you're saying is take Reggie Ball with the first pick since that was his college QB and the backup was so bad he couldn't beat him out....right?

NO MORE RETREADS!!

Ah, so what you're saying is take Reggie Ball with the first pick since that was his college QB and the backup was so bad he couldn't beat him out....right?

NO MORE RETREADS!!
No that is not what I'm saying. Don't you think that if Chan Gailey was here and let's say Cleo Lemon is our starting QB, Don't you think our offense would be more productive? Especially with all our players familiar with the system for 2 straight years? Remember we don't need more than 3 players on offense right now and one of those players would be a LT.

Back
Top Bottom